Job Summary:Responsible for the plant’s materials planning and purchasing processes. Supervisory responsibility of all personnel related to planning, purchasing and materials control activities at the Bay Point facility.
What we offer
- Supervise buyers and materials planning personnel at the Bay Point facility to ensure maintaining proper inventory levels and meetings stated lead-time goals and 100% on-time shipping.
- Budgetary responsibility for the purchasing and planning departments within the facility.
- Participates with manufacturing in daily meetings to ensure scheduling and manufacturing activities are being met as planned.
- Understands current production planning processes, reviews processes, determines improvement opportunities, defines and implements optimized processes.
- Leads and contributes to cross-functional as well as functional-internal continuous improvement projects.
- Participates in the planning and development of expense and capital budgets, and facility goals and objectives.
- Coordinates with Customer Service and Logistics Manager in Bay Point and with our European Customer Service team to ensure adherence to customer requirements in regards to on-time service levels and other customer requirements the site is responsible to meet.
- Participates in the site's supply side of Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes. Coordinates monthly meetings, coordinates with Demand Manager in gathering forecasts from sales representatives. Maintains facility's capacity utilization and reports to Leadership Team on progress and formulates plans to help meet demands.
- Works closely with the Regional Supply Chain and Corporate Purchasing to establish and implement global strategies. Helps establish and implement cost reduction efforts with manufacturing and distribution. Issues regular status reports in established formats.
- Works with R&D, SHE department, and Manufacturing to help introduce and assist in new raw material and new packaging requirements as needed for the site. Also assists engineering and manufacturing with project ideas to help with the efficiency of manufacturing, warehouse activities, and processing.
- Works with Product Management personnel to determine minimum order quantities to optimize batch sizes and control product life cycle to optimize inventory levels and minimize scrap at the site.
- Works with corporate purchasing to ensure adherence to sound purchasing practices, look for opportunities to reduce raw material pricing, and reduce overall net working capital for Bay Point and the Aerospace business.
- Ensure efforts are being taken to reduce obsolete and slow moving inventory.
- Work with SHE representatives to help ensure the site's compliance with regulatory standards. Process Hazard Analyses, the site's SHEQ systems, and other requirements ensuring compliance to the Henkel SHE Standards in regards to materials, production and warehouse activities.
- Identifies training needs for materials and purchasing staff and works with Human Resources department to identify and implement solutions to satisfy these needs. Responsible for organizational development of the materials and purchasing staff.
- Ensures adequacy of metrics and controls for measuring important site metrics in regards to inventory levels, raw materials costs, scheduling attainment, and on-time service levels through our ERP and Business Intelligence system.
- Perform other duties as assigned as required to support operations of the Bay Point Facility.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or other technical discipline Experience
- 5 years’ experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment; three of which are at a supervisory or managerial level, leading or supervising and managing planning, inventory and purchasing functions.
- Understanding of best practices in materials management and production planning.
- Proficiency in a (global) ERP system, SAPpreferred.
- Knowledge of MRP processes, and competency in the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency using modern office software (word processing, database, spreadsheet, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- APICS certification a plus.