This position is responsible for controlling the production schedule by directing the production planning and control activities along with balancing maximum on time delivery at the lowest possible cost. Responsible for capacity planning, internally and externally, directing and managing shop order releases and shop scheduling. Responsible for developing monthly production plans to support shipment goals and initiating actions as required in order to achieve goals. Position will interface with various personnel, customers, and subcontractors. Responsible for planning and monitoring production jobs and purchase orders for appropriate subcontractors in order to support customer requirements.
Position responsibilities include:
- Direct production planning and control activities. Manage efficient scheduling and coordination of production processes in order to achieve production and shipping goals.
- Manage and direct hourly production process scheduling employees. Develop and maintain an effective organization through the proper selection, staffing, development and motivation of all assigned employees.
- Coordinate activities with department managers and supervisors throughout the organization to ensure timely delivery.
- Monitor actual production and inventory in order to better plan, interpret variances, and correct problems as necessary to meet customer commitments.
- Assign employees to monitor inventory counts and production reporting to ensure accurate system data.
- Expand and refine capacity planning concepts with key work centers and processes.
- Recommend refinements/improvements to operating system (Syteline).
- Periodically analyze and adjust lot sizes and lead times based upon business and manpower levels.
- Oversee Outsourcing and Shipping & Receiving functions.
- Interface with customer regarding delivery related information.
- Review customer schedule changes and take appropriate action, which may include resolving with customer and adjusting planning.
- Provide customer with periodic status updates as well as key milestones and ship dates.
- Plan manufacturing jobs.
- Attend various planning meetings.
- Develop financial ship projections (rolling 2 months).
- Provide subcontractors with planning visibility and requirements.
- Other job duties as assigned
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
This company and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with various software to assist with analysis and planning
- Strong ability to manage multiple aspects of the supply chain to reach a singular goal
- Strong attention to detail and strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities based upon available information and ability to manage process-driven tasks without supervisory reminders
- Possess strong commitment to performing tasks correctly the first time
- Proactive approach required with meeting customer commitments and providing customers with delivery status
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Competitive Base Salary
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - No
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - Yes
Minimum Education - High School Diploma or Equivalent
Willingness to Travel - Never