Materials ManagerJob Location:
Stockton B1Date Written:
Muhammad EssaJob Profile (Level-Job Family):
M2ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education or Experience (in years):
- Provides daily direction and leadership to stockroom supervisors and material handlers
- Delegate and assign tasks, targets and evaluating the workload of the staff.
- Conduct regular 1-on-1s, create performance objectives and development plans
- Organizes and ensures all required training activities for the stockroom department are completed on-time
- Accountable for the safe operation of all equipment, including forklifts, hand tools, and other equipment in the operation
- Provide recommendations for personnel requirements including involvement in recruitment and selection process within the stockroom department
- Accountable for staffing, training, motivation and leadership within the stockroom department
- Ensures that orders transacted are verified against pertinent documentation
- Establishes and maintains procedures for determining and meeting company and customer delivery commitments by handling materials, providing labor, and effective use of time
- Recommends and assists in implementing operating procedures and promotes continuous improvement within the Stockroom operations
- Define KPIs where necessary (ideally through internal or external benchmarking), analyze process performance and suggest process improvement or user training
- On Time Delivery: Responsible for researching missed or late shipments/staging for production lines
- Inventory control: Research/reconcile end of day cycle count variances
- Install and Facilitate Visual & Daily Management at Gemba
- Facilitate and lead PSP Teams in everyday Problem Solving (e.g., Gemba DIVE Teams and support development of Monthly KPI PSPs)
- Follows stockroom methodologies for material using the proper SOP and takes ownership of process documentation creation, changes and periodic review
- Resolves emergency issues for expedited deliveries to the customer
- Accountable for ensuring the stockroom operation is audit ready 24x7. Readily takes action to implement effective countermeasures and monitor sustainment of audit findings
- Ensures a safe working environment exists consistent with OSHA and company policies
- Perform other tasks as necessary and assigned by management
Knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor's degree with 9+ years of experience preferably within an FDA-regulated/Life Sciences company OR
- Master's degree with 7+ years of experience preferably within an FDA-regulated/Life Sciences company
- In-depth knowledge and experience with SAP WM/eWM modules
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including presentation skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams and MS Project)
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural, international environment
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment in decision-making
- Articulate, self-motivated and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Healthcare/Diagnostics/Life Sciences experience required
- Must have strong organizational skills with ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload and make adjustment to meet business needs.
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth warehouse environment
- May be asked to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance experience
Additional Job Posting locations:
- APICS certification
- Lean/Six-Sigma Certification
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.