General Description with Scope:
The Materials Manager leads the supply chain activities for the Toledo Driveline facility. This involved the overall leadership and oversight in the movement of raw and finished materials, storage, production scheduling, and inventory control.
- Lead, coach, and facilitate short and long-term objectives related to the overall supply chain function
- Ensure appropriate leadership and development of his/her team: define clear objectives, allocate resources, monitor activities, allocate fair rewards, provide developmental opportunities etc.
- Lead production planning and scheduling. Develop best practice material replenishment systems to ensure material availability to achieve production plan while meeting inventory reduction targets.
- Implement and manage cycle count systems to ensure accuracy of inventory transactions throughout the entire inventory value stream.
- Utilizes Lean concepts to reduce and manage WIP and inventory and improve material flow.
- Develop strategic relationships with suppliers to ensure continuous supply at the best value. Develop supplier performance and quality metrics, monitor supplier performance, and drive corrective actions as required.
- Manage daily order volume fluctuations to ensure customer Scorecard targets are achieved. Work closely with preferred logistics partners to determine best cost material transportation.
- Ensures controls, inventory levels and flow of materials are consistent with forecasts for manufacturing and customer service requirements.
- Assists in formulation of business plan including capital improvements and projection of plant production capabilities.
- Coordinates with production operations, engineering, maintenance and other departments in the accomplishment of production goals.
- Prepares reports and analysis of various cost control, production, labor, quality, facility usage and other reports.
- Champion Materials team DOS activities to establish a continuous improvement culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business required, specialization in materials management / supply chain management preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Typical Experience Required/Preferred (include management experience or other specifics):
- 3 to 5 years of materials focus experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 5 or more years of experience in inventory or production control.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, union experience preferred.
- Complete understanding of production planning, MRP and ERP systems.
- Must have ability to work with statistical analyses and possess financial acumen.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to influence, escalate issues and ideas, and persuade team and positively manage conflict.
- Track record of innovative and creative approach to drive cost reduction.
- Strong track record of lean implementation.
- English proficiency required.
- CPIM certification, preferred