Barnes Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Materials Manager at the Ogden Division. The right candidate will have a proven track record in effective materials management, demand planning and business planning leveraging the SIOP process in a manufacturing environment. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you are encouraged to submit your resume for further consideration.
- Plan and direct all Materials resources and activities (production scheduling & planning, supply chain management, and all material logistics) to achieve required business results. Forecast intra-company procurement needs in coordination with production planning, utilizing the appropriate material requirements planning systems/programs.
- Identify gaps and act as primary facilitator with sales, operations, and suppliers to negotiate resolution of resource constraints and meet customer requirements, or make required changes to the masterschedule.
- Evaluate available material, manpower and machine availability in the release of WIP orders to the shop floor. Monitor, measure, and address gaps with applicable organizations to achieve schedule and ship on-time to customers.
- Develop and submit budgets, production plans and other related reports
- Manage daily procurement and production and inventory control issues in coordination with Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales.
- Assist in development of business strategic plans through use of SIOP process and assure effective implementation of such plans
- Directs the preparation of specifications as to quality, quantity, delivery and service required for purchase of plant equipment supplies and Materials to meet production schedules.
- Develops and maintains an effective Materials organization through selection, training/development and motivation of all personnel.
- Manage critical inventory processes such as cycle counting, planning parameters, capacity analysis and demand planning processes.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of materials management in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace.
- Experience in Material Planning leveraging MRP Systems.
- Demonstrated experience in making sound business judgments related to Materials and inventory planning
- Able to facilitate and manage change effectively.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of personnel within the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with expertise in Excel.
- Negligible travel
- Bachelor’s degree Management, Engineering, or related discipline. MBA or ME preferred.
Job Location Ogden, Utah, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular ExperienceRequired 5+ to 7 years Intended Work Schedule Fulltime
Tracking Code 2486-271