At API we innovate, design and deliver high reliability products every day to serve our customers. These keep soldiers safe, allow satellites to communicate, save lives through medical technology, and . With 1,700+ people working across 15 design/manufacturing centers in North America and Europe we strive to be a leading global partner of choice in our markets: , , , , , , and .
API Technologies is a different company today than it was in 2016. After years of acquisitions we recognized the need to transform and began integrating our business to leverage our collective capabilities. We hired a Chief Transformation Officer. We promoted people into roles where they could make a difference and eliminate waste. We implemented a continuous improvement (CI) program, hiring CI Managers, training every employee in 5Y, and running Kaizen events to tackle low hanging fruit: we still have some. The employees who embrace this culture have thrived. Together, we are building a stronger business.
If you are an employee who challenges the status quo, who makes an impact, and who would be driven to continuously improve by the people our products protect and serve globally; then apply at . We strive to put excellence in everything we do: including your career.
Summary: The Materials Manager will manage and coordinate the activities of the Materials department. They will oversee operations and execute tasks necessary relative to materials scheduling, customer service, shipping, receiving, distribution, purchasing, supply chain management and production scheduling. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing visual based replenishment systems, driving inventory levels and masterschedule based on S&OP, and experienceworking with commodity managers to implement strategic sourcing strategies.
Top 3 Outcomes in Year 1:
- Delivery – Improve On-Time-Delivery through adjustments made to the masterschedule utilizing a S&OP process and working directly with buyers, planners, commodity managers, and suppliers.
- Efficiency – Improve material routing through the facility via visually based replenishment systems such as Kanbans.
- Reduce Inventory – Lead team to label inventory A, B, and C then set-up vendor managedinventory (VMI) as needed to reduce on-hand inventory.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Formulates and maintains supply chain objectives complementary to corporate policies and in support of strategic initiatives and goal development targets.
- Develops schedules related to budgets, forecasts and customer orders; produces production plans and materials requirements and monitors delivery performance.
- Lead inventory right sizing initiatives.
- Maintain systems to ensure inventory optimization, and appropriate replenishment strategies.
- Defines and implements systems for planning and service activity to ensure material availability in support of production schedules.
- Ensures materials availability based on forecasts and usage to support production requirements while preventing excesses. Establishes measurements and maintains inventor accuracy. Release, monitor, and maintain work orders in line with production schedules.
- Ensures material availability based on forecasts and usage to support production requirements while preventing excesses. Establishes measurements and maintains inventory accuracy. Release, monitor and maintain work orders in line with production schedules.
- Manage all transactions and material handling functions with regard to receiving inbound materials and managing flow / movement to manufacturing point of use (including planning, set-up, and executing of shop floor replenishment process).
- Controls and optimizes inventories to meet defined levels and turns; develops programs to continuously improve. Responsible for capacity management to ensure a flexible factory.
- Contributes to and participates in Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP).
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises up to 10 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Improves methods and processes to increase productivity and quality while reducing costs.
- Increase inventory accuracy through monitoring of daily warehouse activities, cycle counts, receiving procedures and audits. Resolve inventory discrepancies quickly and effectively.
- Communicates any issues or delays in shipments to impacted areas with corrective action plans and timing for resolution.
- Motivates teams to develop and implement cost reduction programs, improve delivery performance, and eliminate returns.
Other required qualifications:
- Inventory control, Logistics, Import/Export Compliance, Computer Software (MS office); Lean Manufacturing and knowledge of standard safety practices and procedures relating to warehouse operations; Web proficiency.
Verbal and written communications, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and ability to handle several tasks at one time.
Work environment: This is a manufacturing position.
Minimum required qualifications: Bachelors' degree in Business Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent and 5years' experience in supply chain organization with increasing responsibility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you are an impact player who challenges the status quo, who collaborates to solve problems, and who would be passionate about the people are products protect and serve pleaseapply at .
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities