INNOVATE TO SOLVE THE WORLD'S MOST IMPORTANT CHALLENGES
We are seeking an Engineer to work in the Additive Manufacturing (AM) Engineering Department. This Engineer will perform a variety of advanced materials analyses, processes, and procedures to support both production and research and development as it applies to AM. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop advanced methods and experiments using skills in metallurgical knowledge of material composition and the manufacturing thereof. This includes understanding the fundamental science behind AM developed parts and maturing them for qualification and production activities.
The candidate will lead studies that include designing, producing, and characterizing materials of interest for defense research and development. The successful candidate will enhance the capabilities of an ongoing research and development program within a multi disciplinary organization dedicated to advanced materials studies. The candidate will have extensive understanding of microstructure-property relationships and a demonstrated ability to manipulate these relationships through processing changes. Expert knowledge of material characterization principles and techniques (e.g. tensile testing, grain texture analysis, chemical composition, etc.) is required. The successful candidate will have experience with statistical data analysis (and the related software) and leverage these skills to create and execute designs-of-experiment to further the understanding of AM processes and components.
The successful candidate will have a strong customer service focus, and the ability to communicate effectively with customers who have limited knowledge of additive manufacturing. A willingness to work either as an independent investigator or as a member of a multi disciplinary cross-functional team, depending on the nature of the situation; and the ability to generate accurate and precise analytical data, analyze data, prepare formal reports and make formal presentations of results, conclusions, and recommendations.
Note: Candidates with applied work experience are encouraged to apply. Engineering level (II, Ill or Senior) will be determined by assessment of candidate credentials, scope of work, and current business requirements.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- US citizenship to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Strong Leadership and ability to actively contribute to teams or work independently.
- Results oriented with a demonstrated record of problem solving; effective at using data to make informed decisions.
- Five (5) or more years of appliedexperience in a metallurgical/materials engineering role preferred.
- Experience in the preparation and communication of analytical information to all levels of stakeholders.
- Able to work independently with little to no supervision on all job responsibilities.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and responsibilities concurrently.
- Experience with working on AM equipment especially selective laser melting technologies
- Knowledge and experience in instrumental analysis.
- Desiredexperience with the following processes:
- Metal fractography preparation and analysis
- Design for additive manufacturing
- Experience using MS Office Suite desktop applications, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- IT skills beyond basic MS Office skills involving Analytical Instrument software, networking, and other computer systems used.
ExemptDesigning, producing, and characterizing materials of interest
Defense research and development
Prepare formal reports
Make formal presentations
- Relocation Provided
- Some TravelRequired
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req115575
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.