Job ID: 549089BRSee More
Date posted: Feb. 04, 2021
Locations: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Program: PMP Core Team
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Materials and Processes Engineer you'll work on a broad range of projects, in both a laboratory and manufacturing environment, that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you'll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and innovative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Build upon existing composites experience to over time become an industry specialist in the areas of high temperature carbon and ceramic fiber-reinforced composite systems
- Become a project leader able to interact and provide technical guidance with vendors, team members, and our U.S. Air Force Customer.
- Select Parts, Materials, and Processes (PMP) on new designs that will help defend our country
- Lead Materials and Processes (M&P) technical engineering assignments
- Solve problems and find innovative solutions
- Participate in the selection, qualification, testing, and failure analysis of materials & processes, prepare technical and progress reports on assigned tasks, prepare specifications, evaluate suppliers and analyze test reports
- Coordinate with other disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement.
Typically looking for 14 to 19 years of professional experience
If selected you will need to obtain a DoD secret clearance. US Citizenship required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
As a federal contractor Lockheed Martin is required to provide the candidate an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package. https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
- Materials or process related background and/or field of study
- Experience and knowledge of fiber reinforced polymer and ceramic matrix composite manufacturing and testing.
- Experience leading projects and teams to successful outcomes.
- Understanding of material properties definitions
- Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
- Experience establishing and implementing technical requirements (specifications, program plans/requirements, etc.)
- Knowledge of Materials and Processes for product development, improvement, design, application and production
- Experience reviewing engineering drawings and/or specifications and providing guidance to design, stress, and manufacturing engineers
- Non-conformance and failure analysis disposition experience
- Understanding of failure mechanisms of fiber reinforced ceramic matrix composites.
- Knowledge and experience (can be indirect) with finite element modeling approaches involving fiber-reinforced ceramic matrix composites.
- Understanding of atmospheric re-entry conditions and thermal protection systems on spacecraft and re-entry vehicles.
- Awareness of other high temperature materials involving ceramics and metals.
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Materials Engineering
Virtual Location: no
Valid through: 4/2/2021