General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Material Project Manager to join our Contracts and Procurement group. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA. The Material Project Manager will be the single point of contact interfacing with the program office and internal customers; quality, engineering, operations, finance, and contracts. The selected incumbent, will represent the supply chain organization on policies, strategies and objectives, oversee all SCM activities needed to meet program requirements and ensures a strong link between various supply chain functions including purchasing/subcontracts, logistics and production control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes supply chain strategies and plans for capture/proposal efforts and program execution.
- Serves as the liaison between the program executive, program managers, IPTs and the supply chain organization.
- Develops, coordinates, and executes all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives.
- Leads all programs’ supply chain activities.
- Advises senior management and/or program material project manager lead as well as the program management office leadership team on material strategies and plans.
- Represents the supply chain organization on policies, strategies and objectives.
- Oversees all SCM activities needed to meet program requirements, and ensuring a strong link within and between various supply chain functions, including sourcing, logistics, and production control.
- Acts as acknowledged expert on all supply chain issues and their impact on the enterprise programs.
- Develops and executes material program plans and subcontract management plans (together with the strategic supplier manager and subcontract administrator).
- Works closely with procurement, engineering, quality, and operations to create insure adherence to a common schedule based on material requirements planning and the integrated masterschedule.
- Collaborates with supply chain functions to prevent or mitigate material shortages on assigned programs.
- Monitors performance metrics and proactively acts to address program and functional issues.
- Assists proposal team with supply chain proposal activities.
- Insures early supply chain and procurement engagement in engineering design activities.
- Develops and executes risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
- Balances strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least five of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Experience working with Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Contracts, and Quality functions Working knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations (FAR/DFARS, ITAR,).
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience collaborating with the subcontract administrator to develop statements of work.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with SAP and the Supply Chain Suite of Tools