Sr Principal Material Program
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.Job Summary:Material Program Manager for the Integrated Defense Systems Seapower Naval Radar Systems Business Area.
The Material Program Manager (MPM) is a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills. The candidate for this position must be a self-starter, capable of supporting and executing organizational and program objectives, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal management, including supplier management.
Candidate will be responsible for developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans. The MPM will serve as the liaison between the Program Managers, IPT's and the Supply Chain organization. The MPM will be responsible for the development support, coordination and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. Candidate leads front end of the business SCM activities including early supply chain management involvement and early supplier involvement. The position requires an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team. The position requires an individual who is persistent in influencing others to execute their responsibilities on time and escalates as requires to achieve schedules.Responsibilities to Anticipate as a MPM:
- Support development and lead supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and bases of estimates
- Must be able to work in conjunction with engineering to develop accurate Bill of Materials (BOM's) from the technical baseline within a few days of proposal kick off, control changes in the BOM during the proposal process and promptly flow any changes to material estimating and develop a strategy to get representative costs.
- Develop and execute material program plans, subcontract management plans (together with the Subcontract Administrator)
- Execute make/buy/where process
- Develop and execute risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
- Work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Collaborate with supply chain functions for support as needed.
- Monitor performance metrics and proactively acts to address program and functional issues.
The MPM is the single point of contact to management and to internal customers, including Program Office, Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts. S/he will represent the Supply Chain organization on policies, strategies and objectives, oversee all SCM activities needed to meet program requirements, and ensures a strong link within and between various Supply Chain functions, including Sourcing, Logistics, and Production Control. The MPM is the acknowledged expert on all supply chain issues and their impact on the enterprise programs.Qualifications you must have:
Qualifications we Value:
- Minimum 10 years of direct experience in Government and commercial defense markets
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in the DoD Aerospace & Defense industry and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Experience with Supply Chain processes and related systems
- Program and/or functional experience managing material (SCM, Engineering Program/Integrated Program Team (IPT), Operations)
- Experience managing proposal Supply Chain activities
- Experience with contract flow down requirements and how to filter those specific to Supply Chain.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project)
What We Offer:
- Ability to convert business area and customer requirements into executable strategies.
- Master's degree
- Ability to collaborate with the Subcontract Administrator to review statements of work (SOW) that are complete and conform to program requirements
- Ability to lead in an Integrated Program Team (IPT) environment
- Ability to obtain MPM Certification within 1 year of start
- Raytheon Supply Chain/MPM experience (including Raytheon MPM Certification)
- Raytheon PRISM experience
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist, or ability to obtain within 1 year of start
- Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations
- Fluency in Raytheon systems, process, and procedures.
- Secret clearance or Ability to obtain within 1 year
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.