This Material Program Manager (MPM) position is within the ISR Systems Business Area. This position will be responsible for managing material requirements on airborne, mission system and ground system projects. The Project Analyst will function as the Material Program Manager (MPM) for assigned projects. The MPM is the material focal point for all material requirements and will interact with Engineering, Planning / Scheduling, Subcontracts, Procurement, Field Sites, Systems Integration Lab, Manufacturing departments and suppliers to ensure all material is available on time and within budget.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing material budgets; monthly forecasts, MEACs, EACs and comprehensive business analysis of program material requirements to communicate and manage impacts to program EAC's for all material related actions.
- Managing logistics requirements for the program and field sites
- Works collaboratively with Program Office and Functional Management, as well as other stakeholders, to define and assign task requirements; estimate and establish budget and schedules; determine appropriate performance metrics; clarify priorities; and develop and implement specific management plans to support the program.
- Interacts with Engineering / Engineering design reviews, Planning, Procurement and Manufacturing personnel to ensure appropriate drawings are released and program schedules are achieved.
- Assists in reviewing proposals, Statements of Work (SOWs, to include subcontract SOWs) to establish status metrics and reporting methods that assists with Make buy decisions, follows up on open purchase orders, verifies delivery, participates in resolving supplier issues, approves payment, and maintains necessary records of material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory cycle(s).
- Utilizes program management tools to monitor and report program performance to objectives (including budget, schedule, and other management requirements), and facilitate project coordination and decision-making.
- Assists in the development and delivery of presentations/recommendations to senior Program Managers and Company Management, as well as other stakeholders, relating to applicable program management plans.
- Lead/participate in Integrated Product Teams to assure successful program execution and drive non-value added costs out of the program.
- Provides proposal support to include estimating the scope of MPM labor and material efforts.
Bachelor Degree with a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of SAP and material movement transactions, engineering drawing tree structure, and system-level requirements design practices and hardware/software specification development is desired.
- Experience with Material Financial Management required.
- Strong MS Office skills required, especially with MS Excel.
- Qualified applicant will possess excellent managerial and leadership skills.
- Position requires the flexibility to work on short notice, overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.