Job Summary: The Material Planner isresponsible for all Supply Chain strategic and tactical activitiesrequired to ensure on time delivery to customer commitments, and operations &inventory optimization. They will monitor and maintain flow, and control of materials for all production programs in their area(s), which may include the directsupervision of MaterialControllers.
- Work directly with Program Managers, Operations Managers, and attend program meetings to monitor schedule and part changes.
- Work directly with Operations, Purchasing, Accounting, Receiving, Quality, and Stockroom to maintain flow of material.
- Participate in the proposal process to determine leadtime and capacity planning
- Conduct finite capacity scheduling in support of the master production schedule, plan and manage all production scheduling and material related activities for new product introductions
- Define finite production schedule, and partner with Operations to ensure on time delivery to plan.
- Launches all production orders, monitors the flow of material through the production line and partners with Operations to mitigate any schedule attainment issues
- Monitor delivery dates and expedite material with Purchasing to maintain material requirements to MRP.
- Review and approve ECO’s for new components releases and revision changes. Disposition stock, WIP, and open orders as specified.
- Review bill of material for structure, accuracy, and planning parameters to ensure they are set up appropriately.
- Review and action excess and shortage reports with Purchasing.
- Monitor weekly shipments, assuring that production lines are achieving 100% on time delivery.
- Facilitate kick off meetings as required for material management of new programs.
- Review new sales orders on a daily basis and ensure all orders are entered and driving material accurately.
- Ensures we are shipping against the proper sales orders to meet production commitments.
- Identify critical material deliveries and ensure program requirements are prioritized though the supply chain as well as internal efforts (i.e.: Receiving, Inspection and Stockroom).
- Provide training and assist in understanding MRP driven requirements.
- Manage the cycle count process on programs, including creating cycle count sheets, entering data, and reconciling variances.
- Process Scrap and obsolete inventory from WIP and Stockroom.
- Write employee reviews and approve employee timesheets.
- Monitor work flow and assignments of Material Controllers.
- Manage/monitor backflush process.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in material/production planning.
- Bachelors degree in supply chain, operations or related area, and/or APICS certification, or 15 years related functional experience
- Must possess good organizational skills, the ability to work well with others, good decision making skills, and the ability to think outside the box.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed analysis (what happened) and present summary root cause (why it occurred), and improvement plans (How to fix it)
- Thorough knowledge of MRP systems, supplier lead times, and production cycle times.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing initiatives, including two bin systems, 5S, and other problem solving techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Previous experience and knowledge in Material Planning required.'