We have an exciting opportunity for a Material Planner to join our Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Group. This position is responsible for planning, preparing, issuing and controlling production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides planning support to various tasks/projects including performance monitoring, materials analysis, reporting and expediting.
- Interfaces with operating and support groups (Purchasing, Finance, Master Scheduling, QA) to collect data for preparation of reports.
- Provides management with clear, timely and accurate information with which to make decisions. Alerts management to deviations (or potential deviations) from established plans.
- Utilizes planning applications (SAP, MS Office, MS Project).
- Demonstrates use of SAP for in finding and interpreting data in Stock/Requirements List, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, and other material inventory transactions to aid in the development and publishing of reports.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of concepts and principals of planning to develop solutions to a variety of problems, particularly with materials delivery.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret drawing and Engineering BOM data to create Material Masters in SAP.
- Keeps management apprised of potential schedule or fiscal problems by tracking, reviewing and evaluating plans, schedules and/or budgets for inaccuracies, inconsistencies or interface/support problems. Analyzes task/project cost and/or schedule variances and informs management.
- Provides manpower resource planning and allocation.
- Interprets engineering change orders (ECO), implements dispositions affecting stock, work in progress.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Planning, Engineering, Production Control or a related discipline and six or more years progressive experience in planning, scheduling, budgeting and performance measurement. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must have a general understanding of planning principles, theories and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to learn and apply basic planning tools and techniques; and knowledge of concepts and principles of planning to develop solutions to a variety of problems.
- Must maintain a well-balanced focus between external and internal customer requirements.
- Possess the ability to identify issues and interpret data.
- Organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and to accurately document, report and present.
- Must have experience utilizing SAP and MS Excel.
- Ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Knowledge of computer operations, applications, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.