City: Mira Loma, CA
Responsible to manage all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, and shipping to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time. This position is also responsible logistics and purchasing of goods. Working with corporate supply chain to improve overall shop material availability and levels on hand.
• Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that could incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
• Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans.
• Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop the best economic strategy for production planning to support customer demand.
• Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that supportinventoryforecasting, purchasing, and material control.
• Prepares customer delivery reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends and uses information to proactively communicate and eliminate potential late deliveries.
• Establishes and supervises production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules.
• Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company’s business growth and sourcing requirements.
• Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
• Establish, implement, and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
• Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies.
• Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, freight car repair operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
• Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
• Achieves financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
• Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions.
• Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Process Engineering and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
• Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends.
• Identify tools, processes and metrics to optimize material inventories and accuracies
• Leads by example and motivates people so as to create a challenging, empowering, and collaborative working environment.
• Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
• Good analytical problem solving ability.
• Ability to contribute in a cross functional collaborative environment.
• Financial skills including cost modeling, cost analysis, make vs. buy analysis.
• Ability to leverage metrics and other tools to drive inventory performance.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
General office environment; may be required to travel. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit (remain stationary within work area) and use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach. The employee is occasionally required to move about (stand, walk). The employee must occasionally lift and/or transport up to 10 pounds. Correctable vision required for close, distance, and color vision capabilities. General office environment with limited physical demands and travel. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate use hands and fingers, handle, feel, and reach. The employee frequently is required to remain stationary within work area and occasionally move about. The employee must occasionally transport up to 10 pounds. Travel may be required.
When working out of the office work environment includes working near moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes or airborne particles, and exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Work environment can be loud. Areas can have high volume of railroad traffic and require being ambulatory and correctable hearing and visual capabilities which includes close, distant, color, peripheral, depth perception vision and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Location: Mira Loma, CA
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: Mid-Senior Level (6+ Years)
Employment Status: Employee (Full-Time)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct Reports: Yes