GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:Directs and supports procurement operations ensuring timely delivery or raw and purchased components, superior quality, and competitive pricing. Direct and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing raw materials, components, and supplies in the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:These are duties that the person holding this job MUST be able to perform. The company makes accommodations on request, if the accommodations are reasonable, to allow otherwise qualified applicants to perform these functions.
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective policies and procedures for purchasing, MRO buying, VMI, Capital Requests, and all other material related activities.
- Establish long-term goals for each Materials Buyer team member and measure their results in the application of task completion and thoroughness of work completed.
- Direct, plan, and implement systems to ensure customer production requirements are met and/or surpassed.
- Provide support to the General Manager and other management staff members to achieve company goals.
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
- Arranges for disposal and disposition of surplus material.
- Reviews and approves requisitions and purchase orders.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future raw material availability, cost and price variances, and prepares market analysis reports.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Conducts vendor audits and certifies them for inclusion on the approved vendor list.
- Develop programs that result in the Company being able to secure new suppliers and material on a timely and cost effective basis.
- Successfully negotiate prices, discounts, delivery dates, and other items with suppliers of raw material and component parts. Establish sourcing strategies, and support new product schedules while maintaining “continuity of supply’ for current products. Will oversee the management of suppliers to continuously improve quality, delivery and price in a way that positively impacts production and development schedules. Develops requests for quotations and proposals, analyzes supplier responses, negotiates awards, and maintains contracts for the management of the relationship between the Company and suppliers.
- Manage inventories to ensure product availability and to minimize inventory levels. This includes cycle count program, E&O review, prevention of unallocated inventory growth, and continuous improvement of inventory turns.
- Create and Improve IQMS processes that ensure adequate stocks of materials, on time, within specification, and at optimum levels of inventory to support Operations and to meet customer demand. Supports and maintains and/or updates purchasing data management system.
- Direct activities to reduce the cost of materials and services through value analysis techniques, including alternate sourcing, innovative partnering agreements, and overall knowledge of the user’s requirements and specifications, in conjunction with a general knowledge of suppliers capabilities, market conditions, and patent and legislative factors.
- Works withinternal customers to understand, integrate, and assure documentation of requirements.
- Implement, Champion, and develop IQMS Modules. Validate accuracy of the system, ensuring a steady adequate flow of raw and components, as well as safe guarding the integrity of inventory.
- Integrates activities with internal and external customers and suppliers to fulfill contract requirements.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated, in part, on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises employees in the Purchasing Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
BUSINESS ETHICS: Acts in an honest and trustworthy manner by upholding organizational values, treating people with respect, and keeping commitments.
COMMUNICATIONS: Creates an atmosphere in which information flows smoothly by expressing ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form, exhibiting good listening and comprehension, and keeping others adequately informed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates concern for meeting customers’ needs by responding promptly to requests, meeting commitments, managing difficult customer situations, displaying courtesy and sensitivity, and soliciting customer feedback to improve service.
TEAMWORK: Develops cooperation and collaborative work effects toward solutions by balancing team and individual responsibilities, exhibiting objectivity and openness to others’ views, giving and welcoming feedback, contributing to building a positive team spirit and putting success of team above own interests.
INITIATIVE: Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities by volunteering readily, undertaking self-development activities, seeking increased responsibilities, taking independent actions and calculated risks and asking for help when needed.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the job skills and knowledge required by exhibiting ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, displays understanding of how job relates to others, and uses resources effectively.
LEADERSHIP: Motivates others to perform well by exhibiting confidence in self and others, inspiring respect and trust, reacting well under pressure and showing courage to take action.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university preferred; or 3-5years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and organization skills needed, along with the ability to coordinate meetings.
- Inventory management, logistics and shipping/receiving experience a plus.
- Working knowledge in the design of injection molds preferred.