Job Req # 603915
Global Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Materials and Supplier Director
LOCATION: North Reading MA 01864 (North of Boston)
SALARY: $160-180K + Bonus + Stock
EXPERIENCE: 7-10 years Supplier Purchasing, Procurement and Production Planning Experience including International supplier experience
EXPERIENCE: Must have experience managing remote employees including a team outside the US
RESPONSIBILITY 4 direct and 10 indirect
TRAVEL: 30% to Mexico (working in the Mexico office)
RELOCATION: Relocation Package Available.
The roles purpose is to be accountable for the overall supply plan within the business unit overseeing all 3rd party suppliers. The role is also responsible for measuring the performance of the execution of the supply plan in meeting the demand requirements. The role will interface with production, engineering, accounting and Customer service to lead and ensure that the BU is providing a high quality integrated supply plan for the scope defined within the group. This person will manage a team locally as well as a team remote. Responsible for the execution of the sourcing process related to manufacturing of products. Involved in planning and implementing components of key strategic projects, including supply base consolidation/right sizing and executing sourcing strategies to deliver enhanced supplier quality, delivery, and cost.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY-
- Responsible for periodic sourcing of direct materials and services associated with manufacturing. This includes cost/savings analysis (tracking, forecasting and benchmarking) and impact on working capital.
- Interface with stakeholders on progress, barriers, and new opportunities to consolidate spending; develop new insights into client issues and examine them from different angles.
- Remain knowledgeable of existing and emerging procurement and contract management technologies, processes, products, services, and leading industry performance benchmarks.
- Develop methodology of measuring Total Cost of Ownership in our environment and subsequently reducing it.
- Continuously perform supply market research and create and analyze RFP's; structure complex problem solving approaches; draw conclusions and develop preliminary recommendations.
- Develop sourcing strategies and execute supplier negotiation strategies.
- Negotiate procurement of direct materials and/or services by considering price, quality, service, delivery, payment terms, and commercial situations.
- Identify, develop, and manage strategic business relationships, both internal and external, to streamline buying processes.
- Implement supplier management principles through contract management and continuous monitoring of suppliers through scorecards.
- Management of people resource within the specific plant to ensure that they are developed, coached and capable of performing the role designated including performance management.
- Ensuring that the supply plan has been financially evaluated in conjunction withfinance and that the implications are understood by the leadership team within the plant and the franchise with regard to operational targets and budgets
- To deploy and monitor the performance of the core supply processes within the plant /3PL such as Master resource planning, Capacity Planning, Demand and Supply executions.
- Determine departmental inventory management strategies and objectives. Calculate inventory carrying costs and manufacturing and purchasing costs.
- Develop strategic plans to drive improvement to inventory turns, conducting RCPS and associated projects to drive inventory improvement.
- Setting inventory policy and implementing inventory management tools such as kanban demand signals to provide a 'lean' supply chain, minimize stockholdings and maximize available working capital.
- Understand supply chain dynamics and set inventory with optimal cost and delivery tradeoffs.
- Establish stocking policies and planning parameters for all parts.
- Establish measurement processes for critical materials process inputs and outputs for the development and execution of the supply plan; ie, forecast accuracy, Operations on time delivery to schedule.
- Maintain high inventory accuracy through various techniques including inventoryaudits, annual physical inventory, and cycle counting.
- Manage the flow and control of make and buy inventory in the facility.
- Bachelor's degree level in Business/Engineering/Supply Chain management
- Minimum of 7-10 years in Supplier Materials Management, Procurement, Production Planning /Engineering /Purchasing roles
- Demonstrated track record in associate manager or supply planning role in leading and delivering results via people
- Project management able to demonstrate experience in running projects specifically around problem solving and root causing based on lean way of working (six sigma)
- Capable of being able to start setting direction with input from Director /Senior Manager
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence at plant and production cells level