McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Masters Account Manager is the day to day liaison for Masters Pharmaceutical and McKesson Pharmaceutical.
In addition to issue resolution and relationship management the Account Manager oversees the integration of Masters into McKesson Pharma back office functions including Master Data, Contracts Admin, Pricing, Rebates and Analytics.
Establishes account objectives and assignments for strategic McKesson/Masters customer base and project manages assignments through cross functional teams.
Prepares and presents monthly and quarterly Business Reviews with key Masters and McKesson stakeholders.
Works directly with McKesson business partners including: Field Sales, Generics, Customer Rebates, Contracts Administration, Finance, Pricing, Marketing, Technology, Master Data, Operations and other Back Office Teams.
Regularly interacts with senior management and executive level personnel on matters concerning several functional areas.
Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations.
- Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project which may include customers, Sales, DC Operations, Master Data and various departments (e.g. marketing, IT, etc.).
- Defines project scope and objectives. Oversees/coordinates all aspects of project and serves as project manager between clients, line management and internal and external resources. Plans and directs project and monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with internal/external customer on all matters.
- Provide “best in class” service, support and value for McKesson’s key strategic ISMC/INA partners.
- Accountable for understanding supply agreement commitments and for flawless execution of customer supply agreements and on-boarding of new business opportunities.
- Increase profit margins for McKesson key strategic ISMC/INA partners.
- Coordinate the implementation and communication for OneMcKesson products and services.
- Coordinate company product support and lead sales projects
- Interpret account trends to management
- Reduce operating cost by improving internal processes, increasing adoption rate of McKesson self help tools and systems, and by fully understanding customer business needs
- Responsible for exceeding revenue goals for McKesson key strategic partners.
- Responsible for the development of the subordinate managers to ensure their performance and objectives are met.
- Prepares customer business reviews
- Participates in sales team presentations to further enhance business growth opportunities, enhance selling skills and gain knowledge of customer
- Responsible for staying abreast of and learning about all new technical applications, products, programs and services available to customers
- Teamwork/Collaboration with VPSS and Account Manager subordinates
- Ensures on-going attention to enhancing strong relationships with key customers in order build credibility required to keep business
5+ years sales administration experience and demonstrated leadership skills
- 8+ years experience in management, sales, support, operations or administration.
- Prefer working knowledge of McKesson or pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, project management and business acumen.
- Proficient personal computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Business/Financial Acumen
- Analysis/Problem Solving
4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience
- General Office Demands
- Occasional overnight travel