Master Software Enginer
Master Software Enginer
We’re a software studio that happens to be at Capital One®. We’re turning this credit card company into a tech powerhouse. And we’re looking for techies like you that can change the course of the game.
We love open-source and working with latest technologies. Whether you’re a big Apple fan or an Android lover, prefer noSQL databases over anything else or like to hack away in the good old Java, you’ll fit in our team as long as you’re passionate about technology. We build digital solutions to simplify and humanize the world of credit cards for millions of Canadians.
Big challenges, casual workplace. Compensation and benefits are pretty good too!
Think it. Code it.
By that, we mean that you, as a member of one of our great Agile teams will be responsible for participating in the design, coding, testing and delivery of solutions that benefit our customers and Canadians in general.
- Craft awesome experiences for millions of users.
- Do epic work with great cross-functional teams.
- Own it. From your desktop to the Cloud.
- Share what you know, learn from others
- Leaders support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- You have the ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
• Provide functional, technical and process leadership for team(s) delivering on given initiatives
• Builds strong partnerships with teams / organizations across multiple sites as needed to deliver on initiatives
• Listens and supports teams in problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision making
• Participate in strategic planning and prioritization of long term engineering plans
• Be close enough to the team to add value and be a competent manager, far away enough to let them problem solve on their own
• Continuously assists in aligning teams to the business and program mission
• Support multiple concurrent efforts and deliver in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Communicate effectively with technical and business team members as well as upper management
• Foundational understanding and experience with Agile, Lean and/or SAFe methodologies
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 10 years of experience in a development role
• At least 10 years of experience with application and/or data design, architecture and development
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Engineering
• 10+ years of experience in a technical role
• 10+ years of experience with application data design, architecture and development
• 10+ years of experience leading the full life-cycle of IT development
• 5+ years of experience with relevant software technologies and languages
• 2+ years of experience with Agile development methodologies
• 2+ years of experience working in financial services industries'
Job ID R50425