At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Master Software EngineerCapital One is partnering with Walmart, the largest company in the US by revenue, torevolutionize the future of retail for Americans. Together, we're teaming up to provide an outstanding customer experience by delivering best-in-class credit card and reward products to millions of Americans.
We are seeking a talented, hands-on senior technical leader to design, develop and deliver the applications that drive one of the most critical systems in Capital One's Card Business.
Are you a hands-on problem solver who lives to master a domain and solve its complex engineering and data challenges? Are you empowered to influence the technology choicesto get the job done? Are you a disruptor who pushes the envelope through innovative new ideas, questioning the why and considering the what if?
We want to speak with you. Check out the roles, responsibilities and apply today!
· Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications & microservices; participate in code reviews; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics and identify potentialrisks/issues
· Collaborate in agile scrum team with product owners and fellow software engineers to deliver upon most important business and technical priorities.
· Provide active mentorship/guidance to fellow members of the agile tech team and participate in internal and external technology conference & communities.
· Lead and continuously improve, recommend software engineering & coding practices, availability, resilience
· Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies
· Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, out-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, code quality, performance, CICD and automation.
· Coordinate and scale the evolving cloud-based solutions with product development teams both internal and external to Capital One.
What would you expect to work on here: Object Oriented Languages & Frameworks (Java, Spring boot and Go), Cloud Based Technologies (AWS, DevOps, and Serverless), Front End Framework, Cutting Edge Data Tools (Python, Spark), CICD tools and Machine learning models.
As a Capital One Master Software Engineer, you'll use cutting-edge open-source frameworks and tools to deliver customer-facing web apps, back-end Java services, andhighly-available RESTful APIs. Join Capital One in an engineering role and shape the next phase of innovation for Card Tech.
· Bachelor's degree or Military experience
· At least 8 years of experience in Java hands-on development
· At least 1 year of experience with AWS or cloud technologies
· At least 3 years of experience using & implementing CICD process - Jenkins, Github, Junit, Sonar Qube, Docker or Kubernetes
· At least 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance technologies - ATDD, Cucumber, or JUnit
· Master's degree
· 5+ years of Spring Boot experience
· 3+ years of Microservices experience
· 5+ years of SQL RDBMS experience with 3+ years of MongoDB, NoSQL
· 3+ years in a tech lead role, experience designing/architecting distributed applications
· AWS Certification
· Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and collaborate with disparate teams
· Experience in implementing a Dashboard, monitoring for real-time and batch processing systems
· Experience in big data technologies like Kafka