Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily creation of the production plan based on forecasted needs, customer orders, inventory balances, labor availability, oil and tank availability. Work toward maximizing line efficiency and minimizing inventory balances. Provide direction to direct reports through training, mentoring and enforcing performance standards.
- Develop and manage an effective inbound railyard operating model to insure adequate material to support production while minimizing operational expense. Develop strong working relationship with corporate oil trading department and work with corporate planning to integrate supply chain software planning solutions.
- Manages the Incoming Oil Requirements Planning Process to support all customer requirements and customer service objectives.
- Deliver agreed upon measures for oil inventory turns and oil inventory working capital.
- Attend daily Production Meeting. Determine any conflicts and satisfy QA Department requests for sequencing, rinses/washouts. Discuss any new products being scheduled.
- Resolves and prevents problems by coordinating activities with production management to assure that the shop floor flow of material and labor is accurately recorded and that open work order reports are accurate. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
4 yeardegree and 7 years + experience in Production Scheduling, Capacity Management, Inbound logistics, Inventory Control, Inventory Planning and Replenishment (or some equivalent combination of education and experience). APICS certification a plus. Experience with inbound and outbound rail logistics a plus. In depth knowledge of oil chemistry and oil quality management a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
Key Skills required include: 1. Advanced Planning & Scheduling, 2. Inbound Logistics Competency, Advanced Organizational and Follow Up Skills, 4. Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, 5. Strong Interpersonal Skills.