The Master Scheduler will set and oversee the development of the sites demand and capacity systems and plans to align with the demand from the sites integrated business plan, while meeting business objectives of safety, quality, on-time delivery, competitive customer lead times, profitability and inventory. The Master Scheduler will ensure the Value Stream teams meet and align with customer expectations and integrated business plan (IBP) requirements. Support daily management activities to ensure commitments are achieved and communicated to the customer support teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and manage a robust SIOP (Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning) process.
- Align production with actual demand, through the merging of tactical and strategic planning methods across any number of organizational functions (Oliver Wight tools).
- Analyzing customer forecasts and production plans to develop an integrated business plan (IBP) that incorporates new product development, strategic initiative, and a financial plan.
- Identify critical capacity constraints and develop strategies with the Value Stream team to eliminate/reduce.
- Oversee products on-hold and returns to ensue follow-up and follow-through.
- Streamline and improve processes through the use of lean tools and industry best practices.
- Effectively communicate with all business functions the IBP, priorities, status reports, and project updates.
- Collaborate internally to resolve any conflicts.
- Conduct or oversee daily/weekly production meetings as needed.
- Ensure on-time delivery metrics are reported daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Effectively manages the planning and scheduling teams, works to develop and grow the team as to support the business.
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by Management as deemed appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Knowledge of site ERP system and proficient with material requirement planning (MRP) and SIOP.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, possesses strong decision making abilities and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of medical device industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project or equivalent software programs.
- Knowledge of S&OP/IBP Planning and lean concepts.
- Able to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to recognize and solve practical problems that may deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year University; preferably in Operations Management
- Eight years related experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Or, equivalent combination of education, experience, and industry training (i.e. APICS, IBF, Oliver Wight).
- Experience working with customers, sales, marketing or engineering is preferred.
- Minimal travel requirements.
- Well lighted, heated/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Ability to maneuver throughout the facility/facilities as needed.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers.
- Ability to wear proper PPE.