- Performs shop order release/closure in MRP System and reconciles parts
- Manages production schedules for multiple programs and ensures actual production meets scheduled requirements by working with Value Stream Leaders to ensure work center delivery performance.
- Manages schedule and work center activities using comprehensive program/milestone schedules through visual and established system controls.
- When schedule recovery is necessary, analyzes risks to identified solutions and bottlenecks, including forward and reverse scheduling methods.
- Works closely with production team to determine the needs and constraints of the manufacturing shop floor, technicians and schedules work accordingly.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with Program Management, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Engineering to ensure production and customer specifications are accurate and production schedules are timely.
- Provides detailed information in coordination with Production Control and Operations
- Meets daily or as needed relative to schedules, Quality and customer on time delivery status.
- Manages outside processing suppliers from creation of purchase requisition to final delivery.
- Updates visual management boards daily with current job/program status
- Performs work order variance analysis and reviews MRP execution
- Ensures accuracy of information, reconciles supply and demand, validates master scheduling requirements.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation and judgement
- Mentors and assists other planners as needed
- Reads and understands technical documents including blueprints and schematics.
- BA/BS Production Management, Business Management, Industrial Engineering and/or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- APICS involvement or certification desirable.
- 7 years recent production control planning and scheduling experience within an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
- Manufacturing Lead, supplier management, program management experience highly desired.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing, inventory, production, procurement and quality basics, engineering flows and ability to read technical data i.e., blue prints, schematics and other documents.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office, ERP experience with MRP execution desired.
- Excellent written /verbal communications skills
- Demonstrates understanding and is able to apply continuous improvement terminology/tools: LEAN, Six Sigma principles/DFSS/Lean design principles, Value Stream, and Kaizen
- Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion
- Ability to type for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Able to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, and squat.
- Based upon job duties, may need to work in various areas that may cause exposure to fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA and ACGIH exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and/or be part of a hearing conservation program due to noise levels around certain equipment.
- Able to move items 20 pounds for distances of up to 50 feet.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance.\