Job Summary & Essential Functions:
Executes planned and prepared production schedules aligned to S&OP and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials meet production and customer service requirements. Makes decisions based on analysis and interpretation of data from complex, integrated programs. Key function of S&OP with shared responsibility for SBU/operation center sales plan and customer service performance. Identifies drives and initiates improvement activities.
1. Production Schedule Execution:
• Develop and maintain Product Detail Schedules for reporting status, priorities, accomplishments and projections. Coordinate program and functional approval of schedules.
• Work hand-by-hand with S&OP leader and supply chain members to ensure end-to-end forward looking supply chain process and execution accordingly including demand, sales order entry, production planning, inventory management, and material preparation.
• Provide Leadership in developing, improving and implementing sound materials management and flow to minimize lead time and inventory while achieving sales plan and customer service requirements.
2. Manage Production Scheduling Priorities:
• Maintain forward looking Master Schedules that show current status and projections to internal plans. Ensure that appropriate process times are maintained within ERP system.
• Maintain awareness of product schedule status through ERP/MRP status meetings and personal interface to insure that product is being completed per schedule.
• Move material and expedite/prioritize for demand items that fall outside of the standard Production/Test processes.
• Lead and coordinate program/production activities required to prevent, minimize or eliminate schedule delays and impacts.
3. ITAR Compliance:
• Ensure ITAR compliance and control through secured and coded correspondence and designated / approved communication portals.
4. Continuous Improvement:
• Focus on continuous improvement within scope of responsibilities for developing, improving and implementing sound materials management practices and flow to minimize lead time and inventory while achieving sales plan and customer service requirements.
5. Performance Tracking and Measurement:
• Report on core Ducommun performance measurements, defines additional measurements aligned to specific initiatives and areas of opportunity.
• Links and aligns departmental goals to the goals of the operating center, strategic business unit and corporate.
6. Internal Communication and Collaboration:
• Support and promote company core values of honesty, professionalism, respect, trust and teamwork and utilize the Ducommun Way methodology to achieve objectives.
• Interface with every key functions and levels of the businesses as required.
• Key member of S&OP process and meetings including program/production rundown reviews to communicate schedule status, needs and concerns, mitigation
Skills & Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
• Manufacturing experience strongly desired.
• Highly motivated and able to work in fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge/experience in material, inventory and production control processes.
• Excellent team player by collaborative and influential leadership.
• Excellent Excel, Power Point, and Systems Database/Query Capability.
• Excellent oral and written communication and training skills.
• Excellent team leadership and performance management skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
? Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in business, supply chain, technical or related discipline.
? Minimum 5 years of experience in a production, material or inventory role.
? Minimum 3 years of ERP/MRP experience.
? Aerospace or Electronic Component manufacturing experience desired.
? CPM. CSM or CPSM preferred.
? APICS certification preferred.