Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers’ experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers’ data to meaningful customer outcomes.
The Cloud Sales Specialist is responsible for growing the Hitachi Vantara cloud-enablement portfolio: including converged solutions for compute/application services, flash arrays for workload intensive or multi-tenant environments, cloud mgmt. platforms with Hitachi Vantara services, and object storage which is the company’s foundation for cloud data management and relevant cloud services, including partnerships with GSIs, RSIs, and CSPs across an identified Region. In conjunction with the Cloud Global team, the Managed Cloud Solutions (MCS) team and the Cloud Service Providers (CSP)s, this individual will develop and manage the overall business plan and will be responsible for its execution in this highly dynamic and rapidly growing segment of Hitachi’s business. The responsibilities of the role will span a multi-state region in the United States and will require travel. The position acts as the focal point for all activity and opportunities associated with our cloud solutions, specifically Hitachi Enterprise Cloud (HEC), managed cloud solutions (MCS) and partnerships for hybrid cloud with Cloud Service Provider (CSP) partnerships. The Sales Specialist will work closely with the AMER SPG teams, global alliances teams, product management, engineering, and marketing. The individual will be expected to have good working knowledge of cloud economics: TCO and commercial models, their cost structure and value drivers. Must be technical sales driven, to take a pro-active approach in driving the America’s growth in the targeted markets.
Success will be measured through performance against AOP, development of solution pipeline, tactical execution of initiatives, strategic wins, and revenue growth.
• Accountable for all aspects of the Cloud business within assigned region
• Building and maintaining the Cloud business plan and GAP plan for the region.
• Being the trusted sales leader for Cloud opportunities across the specific districts.
• Working with Hitachi Vantara sales, pre-sales and SPG teams to drive alignment and knowledge of each Cloud solution and technologies to facilitate broad sales growth in assigned region.
• Driving business development programs for District sales team to leverage.
• Working and partnering with District leadership.
• Identification and prioritization of opportunities in the field. Developing and driving strategies to win opportunities.
• Leveraging our strategic alliance team and alliance partners effectively.
• Effective pipeline creation, management and forecasting for the regions, and owning updates on progress to Region leadership.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required
• Thorough knowledge of cloud economics: TCO and commercial models, their cost structure and value drivers; make?buy analysis
• Relevant real?life experience with bimodal IT operations: procuring, selling, implementing, utilizing and/or operating such infrastructures – hybrid cloud solutions (workload-defined private and public clouds)
• Expertise on at least three of the following five cloud stack elements: Hardware / Software Defined Infrastructure, Data Storage, Data / Application Platform, Security, Data Center Facilities
• Expertise on processes and interventions to build, consolidate and optimize cloud operations; and/or to transform data centers into highly available cloud platforms
• Understanding of the value of Cloud Service Providers to position against competitive offerings in the public and hosted private cloud space
• Functional understanding of key technologies and trends in the cloud domain; bi-modal IT, containerization, software defined technology, hybrid cloud operating models, etc.
• Fluent in the ITIL/ITSM framework, agile methodologies and DevOps practices
• Knowledgeable about the most relevant industry players, offers and dynamics: infrastructure, professional services and XaaS
• A well-documented, solid and successful sales career having generated results from a subject matter specialist or business development roles.
• Comfortable with 1-2 weeks of travel per month across the assigned districts.
• 7+ years of work experience with progressive responsibility in business development, strategic partnerships, alliances or solution sales.
• Experience in leading and influencing cross-functional teams with value-led propositions.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and demonstrated analytical skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.