5 - 7 years
Posted 164 days ago
The Master Production Scheduler isresponsible for developing themaster production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effectiveinventory. The qualified individual will beresponsible for providing the plant with a monthly production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast. The planner isresponsible for determining thedesiredinventory levels for finished goods down to the pack size including safety stock levels. The sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, andinternal supply constraints will be used to develop production plans, by month, for a rolling three month period. Strong collaboration with the Business Managers, Operations, Sales, Customer Service and Management will be critical to meeting business goals.
• Create a rolling 3-month Master Production Plan for designated products. Utilize the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales, and new business opportunities. Analyze and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times. Schedules emailed to the plants monthly. ?
• Perform supply demand analysis each quarter, highlighting areas of concern for the next 12 months. ?
• Make delivery commitments on MTO products, which involve checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity. ?
• Develop inventory targets and manage production to achieve targeted inventory levels on both a cost and unit basis. ?
• Maintain finished goods inventory at target levels in ensure high service levels, i.e. product availability. ?
• Project finished goods inventory levels on a quarterly basis. Achieve desired corporate inventory turn targets. ?
• Insure coordination with plant schedulers to execute Production Plan on a weekly and monthly basis. ?
• Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric on production performance to the requested production schedule. ?
• Review sales forecast with business manager on a monthly basis, and suggest modifications consistent with knowledge of current or historical demand. ?
• Timely reporting of key metrics. ?
• Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishmentprocesses. ?
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels. ?
• Strong communication and presentation skills. ?
• Strong problem solving and analysis skills. ?
• Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities. ?
• Proficient in MS office applications. ?
• Experience in managing manufacturing processes, productivity, and efficiency measurements ?
• Experience using MRP / ERP systems?
• APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) ?