Are you interested in building a trusted relationship with some of the most exciting "born in the cloud" (cloud native) startup companies in the market? This customer facing cloud evangelist role helps the customer envision what is possible using OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) IaaS and PaaS services. This role will support our cloud sales organization from a technical perspective to help customers drive innovation and enable ground-breaking cloud adoption in large scale startups.
This role is part of our engineering organization and will be a crucial part of evangelizing some of the class leading technology that OCI has to offer. That includes customer education, helping sales conceptualize large solutions built on OCI and becoming a trusted technical advisor to some of the largest cloud native customers in our cloud industry!
If you get excited by new technology, your mind instantly goes to how and where that technology could be applied to have a lasting impact, and you love working directly with customers, this role might be for you.
You should get passionate about scaling up huge Kubernetes clusters, can explain to a customer why OCI can provide lower latency and cheaper network egress rates than competitors, and is always eager to learn about the newest cloud native project such as KubeVirt, Argo or Helm.
Working at a tech startup today with business development/sales background, or you might be the CTO/Vice President of Cloud Infrastructure (CI), or maybe you have worked at an IaaS/PaaS provider. If you are upbeat, have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, a steadfast curiosity and understanding of new cloud technology, we would love to talk to you.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the following:
• Build a trusted advisory relationship with Oracle's top strategic customers.
• Encourage others internally and externally to work through difficult and ground-breaking endeavors through sharing experiences/takeaways while a member of OCI Cloud Engineering team.
• Collaborate closely between the customer's needs to the cloud solutions and services that Oracle may bring to bear to deliver value to the customer.
• Build cloud architecture vision shows how a business need can be met, or opportunity realized, by a particular combination of cloud technology capabilities.
• Collaborate with internal account team and external customer teams to drive adoption of OCI by evangelizing the platform.
• Design and deliver enterprise cloud strategy and clearly articulate business architecture - vision, capability models, capability assessments, and technical cloud architecture - current and future state, solution standard methodologies, migration strategies, and operational excellence frameworks.
• Navigate organizations, identifying collaborators, taking care of various interests and politics, establishing credibility for Oracle and Oracle cloud platform.
• Ensure customers are following standard methodologies, guidance, and recommendations to develop cloud solutions that are secure, resilient, efficient, and managed with operational excellence.
• Lead cross-functional teams of Oracle domain experts in helping customers design, plan, implement, and govern enterprise cloud strategies and solutions on time.
• Build and lead presentations around OCI functionality, both customer facing and at industry events.
10+ years of either working in tech sales/BD/tech evangelist for a technology company (e.g., technology startup). Alternatively, have experience being a customer responsible for buying and implement cloud services. Possible titles would include VP of CI or CTO.
4+ years of working experience with modern Cloud Platforms - Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure, or GCP.
Validated technical background with a strong understanding of architecture complimented with experience of managing sophisticated enterprise cloud transformations and driving appropriate strategic and pragmatic choices.
Excellent written and oral communication, facilitation and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
Have worked with the enterprise customers in their cloud journey and successfully guided them with their different workloads cloud migration process and procedures.
Experience working with cloud native and tech startups, either from the inside or as a technology vendor.
Experience with cloud adoption strategies and technologies - IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Software-defined Networking, cloud-native development, cloud security, and multi-cloud deployment model.
Have working understanding of 3rd party OSS tools and complimentary services with OCI, such as Jenkins, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Terraform etc.
Cloud certifications are preferred.
If this sounds like you, we hope to meet you!
Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates.
Range and benefit information provided in this posting are specific to the United States only
Hiring Range: from $137,900 to $232,300 per annum. May be eligible for equity and compensation deferral. Eligible for commission with an estimated pay mix of 70/30.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, market conditions and locations, as well as reflect Oracle's differing products, industries and lines of business.
Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
1. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
2. Short term disability and long term disability
3. Life insurance and AD&D
4. Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
5. Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
6. Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
7. 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
8. Paid time off: Flexible Vacation is provided to all eligible employees assigned to a salaried (non-overtime eligible) position. Accrued Vacation is provided to all other employees eligible for vacation benefits. For employees working at least 35 hours per week, the vacation accrual rate is 13 days annually for the first three years of employment and 18 days annually for subsequent years of employment. Vacation accrual is prorated for employees working between 20 and 34 hours per week. Employees working fewer than 20 hours per week are not eligible for vacation.
9. 11 paid holidays
10. Paid sick leave: 72 hours of paid sick leave upon date of hire. Refreshes each calendar year. Unused balance will carry over each year up to a maximum cap of 112 hours.
11. Paid parental leave
12. Adoption assistance
13. Employee Stock Purchase Plan
14. Financial planning and group legal
15. Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry.
In order to nurture the talent that makes this happen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates and values diverse insights and perspectives, a workforce that inspires thought leadership and innovation.
Oracle offers a highly competitive suite of Employee Benefits designed on the principles of parity, consistency, and affordability. The overall package includes certain core elements such as Medical, Life Insurance, access to Retirement Planning, and much more. We also encourage our employees to engage in the culture of giving back to the communities where we live and do business.
At Oracle, we believe that innovation starts with diversity and inclusion and to create the future we need talent from various backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles. to perform crucial job functions.
That's why we're committed to creating a workforce where all individuals can do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued that we're inspired to go beyond what's been done before.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer*. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
* Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer