US - CA - Santa Ana
- Coordinates research and development projects.
- Leads design enhancement and process capability (design capability, employee training, machine capability) projects.
- Researches test methods.
- Designs and analyzes new products.
- Develops tools, processes and methods to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Coordinates and follows up on focused factory’s Kaizen activities.
7. Develops proposals for new projects, prepares drawings, and develops
manuals or training procedures for equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-8years, 3 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Project management skills
- Design of Experiments
- Finite Element Analysis
- Balances figures
- Blueprint reading
- Composes letters/memorandums
- Coordinates events
- Proofreads documents: Test report
- Diagnostic equipment: Test lab equipment
- Inspection equipment
- Machine(Headers, Threadrollers, etc.): A base knowledge of how they work
- Uses computer software (MS office): Excel, Word
- Ability to design test methods
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
(hours per day
up to 3 hours
Repetitive use of hand
Simple grasp right
Simple grasp left
Power grasp right
Power grasp left
Fine manipulation right
Fine manipulation left
Push & Pull right
Push and pull left
Reach above shoulder
Reach below shoulder
Lifting and carrying requirements of the job:
up to 3 hours
101 + lbs.
Heaviest item (name & weight) required to carry and the distance to be carried: Pan of parts weighing 40 pounds, 15 feet.
If yes, briefly describe...
Driving cars, trucks, and other equipment?
Working around equipment and machinery?
Walking on uneven ground?
Exposure to excessive noise?
Exposure to extremes in temperature, humidity or wetness?
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals?
Working at heights?
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement?
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment?
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.