If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for analyzing and positioning product demand; aligning it to the company's inventory management, production and supply plans and deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reviews inputs from planner workbench, daily, to create and maintain production job orders
* Evaluates the sales forecast and ensures that resources, capacity, and the flow path can meet demands.
* Plans and manages long term production schedules to meet customer requirements and best utilize mfg capacity
* Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements
* Processes change order requests from internal customers, maintains the plan accordingly
* Communicates and partners with internal customer-facing teams when there are significant variations in product supply/demand.
* Provides guidance and trending information to buyers to optimize stock position of raw materials
* Review and maintain production forecasts
* Manage daily quality checks to the supply/demand processes.
* Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
* Strategic thinking and strong analytic skills.
* Utilize ERP and Microsoft products in managing the planning process.
* Solid, proven organizational and project management skills.
* Change agent -- skill with enabling change, strong influencing abilities particularly with frontline teams.
* Exceptional interpersonal/written communication skills.
* Team player able to work well across business operations and develop strong business teams.
* Demonstrated ability to influence teams and programs regarding quality, productivity and/or customer relations.
* Ability to work on multiple project with limited direction.
* Ability to mine data using Excel ad hoc reporting and SQL
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in business, management, or a related degree preferred
* Five to seven years of relevant education or experience in planning, purchasing, logistics, or a related field (required).
* Advanced: Spreadsheet.
* Basic: Word processing/typing, alphanumeric data entry.
* While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
* Continually required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
* Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
* Occasionallyrequired to stand and walk.
o The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
o Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
* This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender