Crystal Springs, MS
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
8 - 10 years
Posted 66 days ago
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. This position will be in support of the Power Grids division, which is a global leader in pioneering technologies that help balance the growing need for electricity while reducing environmental impact as a partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The Power Grids division serves utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers and is focused on addressing key areas such as the integration of renewable energies, growing network complexity, grid automation and microgrids.
ABB is seeking a Master Planner and Scheduler, responsible for developing the master production plan and schedule to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. The qualified individual will be responsible for providing the plant with a monthly production plan and schedule consistent with the plant capacity, sales forecast, and supply chain.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensuring Sales and Operating Plan/Budget is met by running Rough Cut Capacity Planning models for pre-planning purposes to identify supply chain, equipment and manning resource capacity issues and work with the leadership team to address.
• Determining the optimum inventory levels for components including safety stock levels, reorder points, and making recommendations for Kanban items.
• The sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints will be used to develop production plans, by month and providing a rolling period plan to allow operations, supply chain and project management opportunities to address resources appropriately and to communicate to our customers any production schedule changes.
• Planning the timing and sequence of order manufacturing considering customer request date, promised lead-time, customer priority and internal resource constraints.
• Define and follow-up Designing Process Milestone to ensure the Engineering Department will deliver the Designs.
• Monitoring of customer deliveries, production order progress and factory load vs capacity to provide timely information to allow the business to react to issues and opportunities as they arise.
• Advising the organization of over- and under-load situations to enable adjustments to sales plans, offered lead times, and mannered or installed capacity.
• Working in conjunction with Operations and Procurement to optimize the production sequence to maximize effectiveness of resource usage and understanding of capacities and constraints.
Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience as a planner in a manufacturing environment
• 5+ years of experience in a Master Planner role in an engineering to order environment
• Bachelor's degree in business or engineering
• Experience in managing manufacturing processes, productivity, and efficiency measurements
• APICS certification (CPIM)
• Expert level SAP Knowledge and use
• Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes.
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
• Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
• Proficient in MS office applications.