JW Williams, Inc., an AECOM company, is seeking an Master Electrician / Designer to be based in our Casper, WY location.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
The JW Williams shop provides cost effective turn-key solutions for process equipment, including integrated engineering, design, fabrication, installation, assembly, startup, and field service.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the electrical, instrumentation and control design.
- Provide correct Interpretation of the contract scope of work and management of changes to the scope of work.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and design documentation.
- LV Electrical; ability to design and connect wiring and cabling to CSA/CEC standards; soldering.
- Design of control panel and field termination panels to house PLC and field device wiring termination and device powering.
- Selection and installation of instrument field devices including I/O skill.
- Validation of process sensors to ensure suitability to task.
- Bench calibration and verification of sensors and actuators.
- Perform I&C equipment sizing, selection, and specifications for various types of I&C equipment, and produce equipment-related documentation.
- As an expert will be consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on his/her technical interpretations and advice.
- Applies specialized knowledge and shares expertise to colleagues.
- Maintain effective communication within the team and with clients.
- Works with multiple teams to pursue, manage and deliver projects.
- Communicate and collaborate with the customer to prepare and ensure the proper execution of work assignments received orally and in written format, which may be accompanied by manuals, sketches and diagrams.
- Installation and or inspection of burner management systems
- review customer electrical design needs and preparing the necessary cost estimates
- Oversee troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventive maintenance on electrical equipment.
- Supervise the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical equipment such as conduit and related hardware to power equipment, motor control systems and electrical equipment, electricaldistribution equipment, etc.
- Design, assemble, and test electrical equipment and systems involving circuits, relay logic, wiring, motors, servo drives, etc.
- Write, program, troubleshoot, modify and/or repair programmable logic controllers and related electronic equipment.
- Provide input to risk management plans that will anticipate reliability-related risks that could adversely impact equipment operations.
- Develop design and installation specifications, commissioning plans, criteria for inspection and technical maintenance services.
- Provide technical expertise to production, maintenance management and technical personnel and proactively address potential issues.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through measurement and reporting, taking prompt action when needed.
- Build culture of performance management and accountability.
- Work in a self-directed diverse team based environment.
- Associate's degree in an engineering discipline or demonstrated equivalent.
- 10 years of electrical design experience.
- 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Master Electrician License.
- Previous Oil & Gas Experience
- Master Electrician License in Wyoming and/or Texas
- Previous AECOM or legacy company experiencepreferred
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Relocation and per diem support are not available for this position.