Master DevOps Engineer
As a DevOps Engineer at Capital One you will be challenged with the responsibility of working on cutting-edge solutions in an advanced cloud environment. You will work on an expansive new enterprise search platform based on Elastic Search, running in AWS. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with passionate professionals in the DevOps and developer community at Capital One.
In addition, you will bring strong expertise in AWS and excellent communication skills, and a passion for documentation. You will be insatiably curious - you ask why, you explore, and are not be afraid to share your ideas. Last but not least, you love learning new technologies—we’re always evolving!
What you'll be doing:
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod AWS environments.
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on standard operating procedures and best practices
- Automate the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with Chef or Ansible, and deploying Docker containers.
- Developing and enabling continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) for search system components.
- Frequent technologies used in this role would be: AWS, Elastic Cache, Chef, Docker, Linux Shell Scripting, Bash Scripting, and Jenkins.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Provide on-callsupport and possibly some after-hours work as needed.
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Represent production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Identify reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
- Coordinates, approves, and/or performs changes to the production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with AWS.
- At least 1 year of experienceworking with Agile Development Practices.
- Certified AWS Architect.
- Experience with Open Source tools such as Chef and Jenkins.
- 2+ years of experience with Elastic Search.
- 3+ years of experience Production Support experience in Unix/Windows environments.
- 3+ years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering environment.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux, server automation and scripting.
- 1+ year of experience with Container technology using Docker.
- 3+ years of experience with OOP concepts and 3+ years of experience with modern scriptinglanguages and frameworks.
- 2+ years of databaseexperience with Oracle or SQL Server or PostgreSQL or MongoDB.
- 2+ years of experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk or Zabbix.
Job ID R49999