Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 236 days ago
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Senior Network Specialist located in Washington DC supporting NAVSEA HQ SEA 00I. Senior Network Specialist will be responsible for:
- Applying a broad base of IT knowledge and subject matter expertise to identify, recommend and properly apply solutions, implement products and deploy baselines and services
- Maintain and support a constant state of readiness, security, performance and availability of command or organizational business, strategic and tactical networks, which include: NIPRNET / SIPRNET /JWICS/NMCI / DSL / WIRELESS / NNPI networks.
- Develop and implement storage management processes using a combination of established and approved COTS/GOTS products and best business practices. Schedule and maintain full, incremental, and differential file backups and restoration tasks
- Develop design plans for the migration of IT assets, data and users to newly established datacenter solutions as required by the mission owners.
- Manage the infrastructure that includes both physical and virtual computing platforms and snapshot technology residing on multiple mission owner networks.
- Maintaining server configurations data management, patch management, and the processes of migration to new server farm platforms as directed by the mission owner.
- Designing critical network paths for high availability of data in transit while also ensuring file integrity of stationary data for all mission owned/operated datacenter environments.
- Developing and deploying required Operating Systems, updates, configurations, Access Control Lists, VLANs, Port Security and scripts for tracking, patching, and mitigation of all hardware and software vulnerabilities across all mission owner networks.
- Maintaining and providing network connectivity by networks and systems to ensure mission critical systems and operations are available with the goal of achieving Government established monthly availability rates, not including authorized or planned service interruptions or preventive maintenance
- Troubleshooting and correcting all network faults to maintain the operational status in a normal, continuously operational state.
- Providing Trending and Capacity Planning services to analyze and plan for the efficient utilization and management of the networks.
- Providing recommendations on enhancing performance and correcting problems as required
- Providing Configuration Management and Asset Management support, to include documenting the configuration of components of the network that are under contractor control and any changes to them.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and 10 plus years of related work experience.
- Experience with network monitoring tools.
- Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Experience with network systems, firewall, and content filter administration and intrusion detection technologies.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to track and analyze data strategically and purposefully.
- Ability to work well with a team and manage others in all directions.