The Master Data Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining all parts and accessories product and vehicle fitment data in accordance to industry ACES and PIES data standards for manufacturers in the automotive aftermarket. The Manager must have experience with data management with strong problem-solving skills. In addition to very strong technical skills, this position is a forward-facing role that will require regular interaction with customers and category managers.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of automotive parts and accessories product data.
- Ensure communication flow between Category Management team and manufacturers and resellers’ teams are clearly documented.
- Mapping and normalizing data received from manufacturers and internal sources to ensure data is consistent and accurate.
- Understanding and resolving data composition errors.
- Review and clean/correct product data including images, dimensions, descriptions, and fitment/application data.
- Review incoming new and changed data for completeness and accuracy.
- Work with manufacturers to get increasingly better data from them.
- Manage data within the Solenium product information management system.
- Be persistent and vigilant about keeping product data accurate and complete.
- Other duties may be assigned based on department and company needs.
- Automotive industry knowledge.
- Familiarity with industry data standards, PIES and ACES.
- Knowledge of automotive aftermarket parts and accessories and vehicle fitments.
- Ability to follow specific and detailed instructions.
- Excellent time management skills, managing multiple tasks, priorities, and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think methodically and keep well organized.
- Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative.
- Willingness to learn new software programs.
This position is based at the Company’s Torrance, California headquarters, and could oversee a team of data analysts and other direct reports stationed both in the USA, and the Philippines.
- Secure, well-grounded individual who possesses integrity and honesty and strives for excellence in all endeavors.
- Strong work ethic. Takes full ownership of all financial objectives and is personally committed to making sure that all such objectives are reached on time and with the appropriate level of diligence and accuracy.
- A hands-on manager with the demeanor, business maturity, intellect and integrity required to establish immediate credibility and earn the respect of employees while leading by example.