Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Master Data Management Manager, Commercial Operations opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
The Master Data Management Manager ensures consistency of strategic shared data and information to improve data quality, accessibility and security of master data within the commercial organization.
This position requires extensive collaboration within Sales Operations, as well as with cross-functional colleagues in Marketing, Sales, Finance, Health Systems, Strategic Business Planning, Business Support, Commercial Technology, IS, Marketing Sciences. Additional collaboration is required with Business Development, Strategic New Product Planning and co-promotion partners, where applicable.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Contribute to the creation, maintenance and enforcement of master data management policies, processes and procedures
* Ensure resources are available for data management activities
* Collaborate with business units to identify and acquire new strategic data sources
* Lead and manage external relationships with vendors, consultants and commercial partners in efforts to create data standards and business rules, creating and maintaining consistent reference data and master data definitions
* Manage critical data elements
* Ensure consensus in identifying data elements associated with common business terminology, researching sources, definitions, and managing them within the master repository as the enterprise source of record
* Publish relevant data to appropriate users in the organization, and monitor the published data sources for usage, relevance and quality
* Collaborate with Legal and Compliance to ensure published data meets all applicable legal and compliance requirements
* Ensure available data and information assets meet customer needs
* Create and manage business metadata for published data sources to ensure that it is easily discoverable, and meaningful to data users
* Maintain the integrity, quality and completeness of master data with responsibility for collecting, evaluating and appropriately resolving issues and problems with data; prioritize and communicate issues to impacted individuals
* Collaborate with IS to ensure data/data elements are appropriately utilized in procedures and systems
* Ensure data documentation is properly developed and maintained
* Be an active advocate of data management.
* Endorse good data management practices, use them, and share them
* Management of function within approved operating budget
* Quality, accuracy, timeliness, accessibility and security of master data within the commercial organization based in part on feedback from key customers and cross-functional colleagues
* Ability to meet/exceed established key milestones related to assigned major projects
* Success of collaboration with IS colleagues and key customers
* Achievement of Sales & Marketing goals
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Systems related field
* Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience, including a minimum of 3 years of project and/or people management
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff including senior management
* Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical sales data (e.g., IMS Health, Symphony Healthcare Analytics, Lexis-Nexis, etc.), marketing and sales operations, financial data, business principles, processes and technology
* Demonstrated working knowledge of healthcare organization landscape, relationships and affiliations, etc.
* Working knowledge of data modeling and various database applications (e.g., Netezza, Oracle)
* Demonstrated proficiency in writing SQL queries to answer business questions
* Demonstrated working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry legal and compliance restrictions as they relate to the handling and publishing of data sources, i.e., HIPAA, AMA PDRP, etc.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of document management software tools
* Background in Data Warehouse Architecture, Business Intelligence and/or ETL
* Demonstrated ability to understand data architectures and systems and effectively communicate issues, nuances and impacts to a non-technical audience
* Demonstrated extensive computer proficiency with desktop software in a Windows environment including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel (VBA) and Microsoft Power Point
* Demonstrated excellence with organizational, planning and cross-functional project management, written and verbal communication, and problem solving skills with a strong attention, to detail, personal initiative and ability to work independently in a dynamic fast paced environment, with minimal supervision
* Demonstrated ability to proactively evaluate existing strategies and recommend changes, when appropriate
* Advanced degree; preferably in business or the sciences
* Demonstrated proficiency in QlikView development or DataStage
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time.