DescriptionWeyerhaeuser values the significance and importance of data and reporting (information) as a vital business success factor and competitive advantage. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Information Governance and will be part of the Information Governance team. This position is responsible for the integrity of master data and reports in the SAP system and across the integrated systems landscape. This role also serves as an SAP subject matter expert on various business initiatives to provide guidance as necessary for new information governance processes including data and reporting maintenance. Additionally, this role will assist with developing and executing Weyerhaeuser's enterprise data and reporting vision and strategy.
The primary focus of the newly established Information Governance team is to ensure that information can be leveraged as a business asset to enable sustainable business growth, profitability and internal efficiencies through improved data structures, reporting, analytical tools, and governance. The initial focus will be on improving and exploiting our financial information for more timely and insightful business decision making. This team owns the roadmap for information requirements; effectively partners with Weyerhaeuser businesses and Information Technology (IT) to consistently and sustainably understand, create, modify, validate and deliver financial information for the benefit of the enterprise. This team also supports our Propel Project journey to SAP S/4HANA.
- Supports the work priorities of the Information Governance team to champion data and reporting ownership, standardization, accessibility, lifecycle and related governance processes
- Reviews and executes changes to SAP master data and reports and ensures changes align with information governance policies
- Ensures that SAP master data, information and associated reporting is consistently, and cost effectively maintained with the highest levels of quality, integrity and timeliness
- Maintain governance dashboards and scorecards for various elements and monitor compliance with governance policies and procedures, and report status
- Enforces governance accountability across all levels of information stakeholders including data consumers, owners, stewards and custodians
- Effectively communicates information requirements and related changes to all impacted organizations and users
- Supports various data and reporting business requirements and issues including the ongoing development of new data analytics capabilities
- Collaborates with data owners, stewards, IT and Integration Services to achieve data and reporting objectives
- Understands, advocates and educates on the concepts, importance and value of proper master data management and governance
- Supports the maintenance of information governance policy documents and standard operating procedures
- Assists in training business users on information governance policies and related tools
- Leverages industry leading trends and innovations in data management and reporting technologies
- QualificationsBachelor's degree in one of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance, or Management Information Systems
- 5+ years of experience in business finance, data, reporting, and/or accounting or 3+ years of experience in information governance
- Passion for information management, innovation and continuous improvement
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP) and its various modules (e.g., Sales, Purchasing, Plant Maintenance, Logistics, Financials, etc.) and associated internal and external analytical reporting tools
- Experience with master data maintenance, including data analysis, profiling, cleansing, and validation
- Experience with reporting, including financial reporting and reporting governance
- Experience with developing and maintaining standards, policies and related and controls
- Ability to translate user requirements into functional specifications and systems design as it pertains to master data elements
- Exceptional oral, written, and presentation skills. Ability to tell a story, succinctly convey a message.
- Ability to build and foster relationships, partnerships and trust across all levels of the enterprise, from individual contributors to senior management
- Naturally comfortable with change
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We're serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.