Primary Purpose of Position:
The Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt collaborates with department leadership to develop and execute leansix sigma deployment and adoption strategy at all Beverage Packaging North and Central America (BPNCA) locations. This includes design, implementation, continuous improvement and sustainment of leansix sigma systems at all levels of the organization. Particular focus on guiding BPNCA's drive for productivity, quality and improved stability through delivery of bottom-line project benefits and the cultural shift to systems thinking.
- Lead and manage significant process improvement projects, including at least one with an impact of ≥ $1 million in bottom-line savings; secure required commitment and resources from business leaders.
- Partner with the quality team, regional operations directors and vice presidents to prioritize and manage black belt and green belt projects in accordance with their respective improvement roadmaps.
- Mentor and coach black belt and geen belt certification candidates and lead regular reviews of their projects with appropriate technical coaching
- Develop, organize and deliver targeted training for:
- green belt and black belt candidates (DMAIC and project management)
- business leaders (awareness and effective sponsorship)
- general employee population (basic problem solving, awareness, specific tools and techniques).
- Provide leadership and assume responsibility for internally-delivered DMAIC training, ensuring technical integrity of all lean six sigma learning processes and materials.
- Oversee execution of day-to-day process improvement work and application of DMAIC tools and techniques.
- Promote use of lean six sigma methodology and tools (DMAIC, PDCA, kaizen, and design for six sigma).
- Collaborate with BPNCA Quality department to support complex process analysis, performance reporting and related presentations.
- Assist with identification and successful adoption of best practices throughout the organization.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing and selection of six sigma black belts and green belts.
- Coordinate with external consultants as needed.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or Management
- Job related experience of seven (7) years minimum combined process, project or/and relevant functional experience actively driving continuous improvement efforts - includes training delivery, certification candidate coaching and support, and leading broad scope projects utilizing lean six sigma tools.
- Certifications/licenses/other: lean six sigma master black belt certification certified through a recognized, national organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of DMAIC methodology applied to the design or improvement of production processes with functional expertise in manufacturing, product service or engineering
- Business acumen, executive presence, public speaking and presentation experience; can successfully deal with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated teaching, training and coaching skills; formal training development and delivery experience
- Organizational strategy development and deployment experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills; persuasive influencer and a consensus builder; can pull people to agreement on a change initiative or process design.
- Has the drive and enthusiasm to deliver results and make a difference; able to lean into discomfort and act with courage and decisiveness
- Organizational change leadership experience and strong understanding of the principles of change management
- Proven team builder and leader
- Application experience and skill (MS Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word; MINITAB, JMP or other stat)
- Large-scale project management experience
- Intellectually, emotionally and logically capable and confident; has the wisdom, intelligence and stature to gain credibility from business leaders and become a trusted advisor to senior staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DMAIC methodology applied to the design or improvement of production processes with functional expertise in manufacturing, product service or engineering.