- Achieve or exceed sales quota.
- Provide Mass Spectrometry sales expertise with regard to market, applications and competition.
- Conduct effective customer meetings/presentations/seminars.
- Grow prospects and funnel
- Timely and accurate forecasting and sales pipeline generation is critical with regular weekly updates into Salesforce.com.
- Accelerate growth for new products and emerging applications.
- Partner in the territory with local service and other support staff to ensure total customer solution and satisfaction.
- Attend and support local technical shows and mass spectrometry related discussion groups.
- Candidates must be located in the greater being Toronto, ON, metropolitan area.
- Domain working knowledge in Mass Spectrometry.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in a science major.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successful capital equipment sales experience.
- Ability to effectively develop knowledge of accounts and key customers in the territory and can interpret customer's needs and identify/propose solutions.
- Must be familiar with the tender process.
- Experience and knowledge with typical customer applications, specifically Pharmaceutical, Biologics, Clinical Research & Diagnostics, Academic/Omics, Forensics and Food & Environmental
- Ability to relate to and understand customer needs and SCIEX product lines.
- Understands the sales life cycle, process and value-added selling for Mass Spectrometry.
- Must travel routinely within territory to customer accounts, and quarterly/annual sales meetings at various locations.
- Able to respond quickly to competitive situation and influence customer buying decisions.
- Possess effective communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates strong initiative and willingness to take ownership for results.