The person in this role is responsible for strategic planning and budgeting, marketing automation strategies, marketing performance measurement, process development, and marketing systems and data. Oversee Marketing Automation tools and processes as well as training and optimization of the tools & team. Is involved in the alignment of Marketing with Sales, and Business Units; aims to define and promote benchmarking and "best" practices. Is connected closely with demand generation. Works with senior marketing leaders to deliver analytics and insights into the marketing team’s effectiveness and helps shape the marketing strategy. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Approves and tracks department expenses, contributes to departmental budget and controls expenses. Manages relationships with vendors.
- Supports the marketing team with key performance metrics, dashboards, and scorecards across functional areas.
- Directs the marketing technology landscape to include: best practices, tools and vendor recommendations, business requirements, project management, tool implementations, and infrastructure.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and activities in assigned areas. Maintains current contact information for all employees in applicable areas and communicates with non-recovery employees during a disaster.
- Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action and control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- Typically requires: Bachelor's degree + 6 years of marketing, sales, operations, finance, information technology or related experience
- At least 1 year lead of team lead experience including exposure or involvement with cross functional teams
- 7 or more years of experience with marketing systems, applications, or programs, including Siebel.
- Experience in developing and implementing complex marketing, sales and business project plans.
- Experience with Marketing Automation or Omni Channel and Sales Automation
- Experience with external consultants/vendors.
- Previous marketing, and/or sales experience.
- Proven success in developing and improving standards and processes, preferably using Six Sigma methodology.
- Expertise in the integrity and well-being of marketing systems.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.