At Choice Hotels, we welcome and respect your voice while fostering a culture that empowers you to learn, grow, and make an impact. We are at an exciting intersection of the hospitality and franchising sectors, fueled by the power of technology.
When you #MakeItYourChoice, you will have the environment, the tools, and momentum to drive your career and organizational success.
The Marketing Strategy Manager is responsible for turning data into insights and insights into high-caliber marketing strategies. They will collaborate with leaders across the Marketing, eCommerce, and Loyalty teams to understand business drivers, communicate holistic insights, and conduct a variety of internal consulting projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop executive dashboards and refresh regularly
- Provide ongoing insights (at minimum weekly) that answer key questions, such as “what’s working?” and “where do we need to pivot our Marketing activities?”
- Collaborate with channel managers to develop specific action plans in connection with recommendations
- Maintain a backlog of testing opportunities and work with Business Intelligence and other teams to prioritize marketing tests, design experiments, and execute the tests. Document results and learnings from tests.
INTERNAL CONSULTING PROJECTS:
- Answer strategic business questions across Marketing, eCommerce, and Loyalty groups
- Serve as the owner of the business question or initiative
- Conduct research by interviewing stakeholders and gathering data
- Propose an approach to the internal consulting project, defining the problem and the steps to answering the business question
- Develop and deliver highly polished strategy presentations, using PowerPoint and other formats, geared for executive audiences.
- Initiate projects to activate on strategy recommendations.
STRATEGY & FINANCIAL PLANNING:
- Work with cross-functional partners, including Finance, to write business cases for potential marketing investments
- Gather data for inputs to financial model
- Develop business case scenarios (using Excel and other tools)
- Communicate and secure buy-in for the value of proposed investments
- Write activation plans and presentations to demonstrate how the investments will be activated.
SUPPORT MARKETING EXECUTIVES:
- Hands-on support in developing strategy presentations geared towards internal and external audiences.
- Develop presentation outlines
- Write talking points
- Make aesthetic improvements to leaders’ existing slides
- Design new slides that clearly communicate the leader’s vision
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Technology.
- MBA or similar graduate study preferred.
- 4 or more years of experience in these areas: analytics, business strategy, digital marketing, consulting, and project management.
- Experience at consulting firm or internal strategy group is preferred. Consulting mindset is required.
- Hospitality/travel experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in developing stunning PowerPoint presentations for audiences at all levels of an organization. Must excel at writing succinct headlines and body copy, as well as building visuals that clearly express the main ideas of the slides.
- Experienced in brainstorming and developing effective strategies, building business cases, gaining internal/external support, and driving implementation.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, professionalism, strong presentation, leadership and influencing skills. Must be comfortable navigating and networking outside the formal reporting structure.
- Able to translate complex data and technical information into simple terms Integrate data from multiple sources, see the bigger picture, and tell a compelling story. Experience with SQL and Python a plus.