HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Director will develop and manage the customer, investment and promotional strategies for Lord + Taylor marketing. He/She will drive customer acquisition and retention as well as own the marketing budget and promotional calendar. This leader will collaborate with cross-functional teams internally as well as external agency partners to bring sales - and EBITDAR - driving initiatives to life, as well as continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Lord + Taylor marketing in order to drive our omni-channel business and move the needle. This is a customer first leader with the ability to make executive to support the customer.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical, creative, and has strategic thinking skills; ability to structure analysis to answer ambiguous questions and tailor presentations to various audiences (must be able to think like an owner and communicate the business story).
- A curious learner and willingness to learn and inspired those around them.
- A comfortable understanding of MMM and MTA along with other data driven marketing measurement tools.
You Also Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, or related field, MBA a plus.
- 8-10 years of experience in marketing, preferably in a retail environment across multiple channels and with a strong understanding of consumers in the space, and or prior experience in strategic planning, management consulting, financial analysis, CRM/marketing analytics or related role.
- Enjoy high level strategic thinking but also a team player who doesn't mind rolling up his/her sleeves to ensure flawless execution.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools: Word, Powerpoint, advanced ++ Excel skills, tableau.
- As The Marketing Strategy + Insights Director, You Will:
- Lead the strategy, creation, and implementation of promotional and contact strategies to retain and grow existing customer base as well as acquire new customers.
- Collaborate with insights and research team to ensure that the science of consumer needs are driving the CRM strategy.
- Collaborate with the CRM team and lead the - who, what, when, where, why and how of our acquisition and retention strategy.
- Be a fiscal leader in the marketing organization, understand and develop a promotional strategy against the demand plan, seasonality, and other factors driving and increase in EBITDAR.
- Learning and devising new ways to continue to serve the customer with promotions, and campaigns that resonate and drive customer satisfaction
- Develop holistic marketing strategy across all channels (direct mail, video, radio, display, social, etc.) and oversee Lord + Taylor marketing budget.
- Ensure that all media channels are devising plans that are through a MMM ROI positive lense and are aligned with the organizations demand plan.
- Serve as the lead finance strategist for the marketing annual investment, working with finance to ensure the investment dollars are aligned to support EBITDAR growth.
- Guide team in structuring and performing ad hoc analysis as needed to answer ambiguous questions and tailor presentation of analysis to various audiences.
Your Life and Career at HBC
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount