The Woodlands, TX - The Marketing Strategist will be responsible for independent development and execution of a broad spectrum of marketing and advertising activities supporting sales of electricity commodity and related products and/or services. The incumbent is also responsible for creating and promoting brand awareness. He/She will fundamentally focus on enhancing revenue growth of the Retailsales organization by strategically creating, designing, managing, expanding and updating Talen’s customer-facing and public presence. The incumbent will be responsible for developing new and managing existing relationships with strategic external parties and vendors with which Talen partners or desires to partner for sponsorship, branding, advertising or other functions. EOE M/F/D/V
- Create, design, copywrite, and produce internal and external collateral materials, such as presentations, newsletters, ads, small and large scale displays, promotional items, etc.
- Recommend, plan and oversee sales and customer event arrangements, including executive speaking opportunities, conferences, sports events, chamber of commerce events, industry gatherings and other opportunities
- Manage content, write posts, and oversee digital presence of Talen Retail – currently LinkedIn and the Retail portion of Talen’s company website.
- Administer all external mass e-mail communication to customers, prospects, channel partners, industry affiliates, and similar entities.
- Coordinate with Corporate Communications, Legal, and Regulatory departments to ensure compliance of external facing materials and brand positioning, extending corporate branding strategy within the retailsales organization.
- Maximize utilization of existing sponsorship agreements and manage all aspects of available activations; as needed, recommend changes based on return on investment and strategic fit.
- Continually evaluate existing marketing assets and activities and independently recommend strategic and tactical changes to better execute on Talen’s Retailsales strategy.
- Create and evaluate strategies for branding and retailsales during new market entry. Design and implement all related marketing and advertising activities in support thereof.
- Manage a variety of media (e.g., print, broadcast, digital) to launch and position Talen’s brand, products and services into specific commercial sectors and to the general public
- Perform related sales-support job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is required, Marketing area of study or related is preferred.
- 5years of experience in direct marketing function is required.
- Demonstrated and documented experience in designing, leading and executing promotional or marketing projects.
- Working knowledge of e-mail marketing platforms.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written with the ability to copywrite.
- Ability to work independently.
- Direct experience in electricity marketing and advertising
- Knowledge of SalesForce
- Knowledge of Pardot or similar email marketing platform
Number of Openings