This position is responsible for marketing strategy, planning and executional oversight for one or more of the following areas: existing and new Payments-related products and solutions, including checks and card products, existing and new Acquisition solutions, and/or existing and new Loan Acquisition solutions.
Marketing Strategist is responsible for crafting strategically sound marketing plans, product, solution and segment positioning, message strategy, collaborating with the Product Manager to achieve business objectives, and working with the Creative and Marketing Operations teams and our outside agency to put your plans into action. The Marketing Strategist is viewed as an expert on our clients and their customers and will use that knowledge to develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. To be successful in the role, you will need to be naturally curious, a creative thinker, a true team player, and have a passion for driving success.
Key Duties / Responsibilities - Essential duties are identified by asterisks.
· Develop comprehensive marketing plans for each solution including demand generation and pipeline acceleration strategies
· Develop marketing programs that generate awareness, drive demand and accelerate pipeline
· Develop product, solution and segment positioning and message strategy that is compelling and differentiating
· Develop launch plans for new products and solutions, and manage cross-functional implementation of the plan
· Develop creative briefs that provide compelling and inspiring springboards for on-brand and distinctive creative development
· Communicate the product/solution value proposition to sales teams and lead the development of persona-based sales enablement tools that support each stage of the buyer’s journey
· Ideate thought leadership topics and content strategies that will be executed by the Content and Creative teams
· Drive and oversee creative development and program execution
· Develop a deep understanding of the market, clients and consumers
· Work closely with data analytics and use data to identify opportunities and maximize campaign outcomes
· Provide thought leadership and other content in social mediachannels
All employees are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Education & Knowledge Required
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
· Graduate degree in related field preferred
· 5-7 years product marketing experience
· Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
· Passion for excellence, continuous learning and innovation
· 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in B2B product / solution marketing
· Experience working in financial services, bankingpreferred
· Experience in marketing payment products preferred
· Ability to contribute to social content
· Demonstrated ability to communicate through PowerPoint
· Demonstrated understanding of product marketing and message strategy
· Demonstrated understanding of demand generation strategies and tactics
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Ability to convey complex ideas and concepts
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
· Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
· Excellent organizational and project management skills
· Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects, shift gears quickly, organize and prioritize and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
· Proven ability to manage effectively in ambiguous situations
· Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Experience with marketing automation platforms, preferably Marketo
Communication & Contacts Required
Must have exceptional communication skills. Will work collaboratively with members of Product Marketing, the Go to Market team, and internal stakeholders. Must be able to communicate persuasively in oral and written communications.