Develop and implement Marketing programs and Marketing support plan(s) for assigned lines of business (LOB)/segments to maximize acquisitionretention, development and awareness. Work with Marketing Strategists and LOB/segments in formulating Marketing strategies which are consistent with Corporate objectives. Provide leadership and direction tootherMarketing Specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Develop, in coordination with LOB/segment, an annual marketing plan to support sales revenue, profitability and strategic goals. Special emphasis should be placed on integrating digital marketing tactics.
2. Act as project manager and coordinate activities related to the implementation of marketing plans, including serving as a liaison between the LOB/segment, legal, advertising, public relations, external service providers and operations.
3. Develop marketing/collateral sales support materials for internal and external clients and prospects, ensuring brand and message consistency and proper product positioning and incorporating “voice of the client” knowledge throughout communication channels and vehicles.
4. Manage the marketing budget for the LOB/segment to ensure a maximum Return on Investment (ROI).
5. Analyze client data to provide actionable objectives for the LOB/segment.
6. Interpret Data Science and Sales Analytics back-end analysis to enhance and improve future programs and initiatives. Provide regular reporting regarding results of marketing initiatives and make recommendations for improvements.
7. Responsible for the optimization of internal and external communications for the LOB/segment for all channels.
8. Manage product launch and enhancement projects, including print collateral development and production, multi¬channel communication materials, public relations and advertising, training coordination and product-related events. Provide support for Direct Mail initiatives.
9. Develop and manage vendor relationships to meet comprehensive and robust communication and branding requirements, providing creative and copywriting direction on behalf of the LOB/segment.
10. Serve as a liaison within Marketing, including advertising and public relations, market research, strategy teams, client service, retention and database marketing to leverage specific expertise, when needed.
11. Stay abreast of economic, regulatory, social, cultural and competitive trends and developments as they impact LOB/segment.
12. May serve in a supervisory capacity to lower-level Marketing Specialists.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing, or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of marketing experience
3. Demonstrated ability to understand complex products and customer solutions
4. Working knowledge of digital marketing tactics, such as email marketing, paid search/display and social media
5. Excellent interpersonal skills
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
7. Excellent strategic analytical skills
8. Proficient in synthesizing large amounts of data from multiple sources
9. Excellent ability to interact well with all levels of management
10. Ability to provide leadership and direction to junior-level associates
11. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
12. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Master’s degree in Business or Marketing
2. Graduate of BB&T’s Leadership Development Program
3. Experience in financial services industry
4. Supervisory experience
5. Experience with leveraging Marketing Automation platforms