The Marketing Specialist is responsible for working directly with service line partners such as Administrative Directors, medical staff, departmental managers and other staff members to develop and execute marketing plans and other communication needs. The Specialist will focus on analyzing internal and external environmental factors, understanding business objectives for growth, determining the target audiences and establishing the position strategy and overall marketing objectives and measures for each service line.
- Collaborates with service line partners to develop short and long-term marketing and communications objectives to promote a wide variety of initiatives enhancing customer brand loyalty, furthering the positioning strategy of the organization, driving revenue to the bottom line of the organization, and ensuring relevant, targeted messages are delivered to appropriate consumer, business decision-making, and physician referral audiences.
- Recommends and presents to service line leadership strategic marketing plans, including objectives, tactics, and measures of success that supports business objectives and organizational strategic objectives.
- Accountable to meet with the communication, media and web specialist, and graphic designers as needed to develop more specific action plans and to execute the service line's strategic marketing goals and tactics.
Regularly collaborates with service line partners on the design, development and implement of plan tactics, including marketing and communication strategies and promotional plans that drive growth and enhance the image of Gundersen Health System on a local, regional, and national level and meets the strategic direction of the service line and Gundersen Health System.
- Identify and coordinate internal and external resources to complete marketing objectives. Work directly with resources to ensure activities and programs are completed and executed accordingly within designated scope, timeframes, and budget.
- Develop, implement, and monitor project plans, schedules, estimates, budgets, specifications, and performance measures. Report quarterly to service line leadership on market activities, measures and growth impact.
- Determine the best medium to delivery messages to reach appropriate audiences using the latest technology, such as Internet, Intranet, newsletters, media relations, printed materials, electronic media, outreach, advertising and awareness, education, and personal connections.
- Leads or participates in service line planning and organizing special events.
- Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Scope of the Job Age Specific Population Served Nonage Specific (N/A)
OSHA Category Category III - No employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials. Position Qualifications Education and Experience: Required Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business or a related field
Desired Master's degree in a related field
Work Experience: Required 5-7 years in corporate marketing, strategic planning or business development