GIS Marketing Specialist
Location: Irvine, CA
Designer - Marketing Specialist for Global Information Systems Department
At the core of Innovation Team / Hermes Program the critical personal characteristics are: emotional stability, confidence, openness, risk tolerance, responsibility, and enthusiasm. While not a function per se, they are critical aspects of this role that are woven throughout all other essential job functions. These characteristics should be demonstrated through the following:
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
- Pursues training and development opportunities;
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
- Displays original thinking and creativity;
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness;
- Generates suggestions for improving work;
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas;
- Balances team?s and individual responsibilities;
- Shows adaptability to changes in the work environment and learn new skills;
- Has strong business, marketing and technical vision and the ability to communicate this vision to multiple audiences;
- Has conceptual and technological understanding of contemporary concepts such as mobile development, cloud computing, social networking, B2B ecommerce, integration of information systems, Big Data, globalization, etc.;
- Demonstrate complex problem resolution under stress.
- Takes risks and thrives in an environment of constant change;
- Is a quick learner undaunted by complex systems;
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention;
- Takes ownership/responsibility for finding solutions to problems and implementing;
- Creates comprehensive documentation and share knowledge to all members of the team that have different background and technical knowledge;
- Builds Marketing & Communication Plan for Innovation / Hermes Programs;
- Displays ability to take the forward looking or proactive view on program/project direction and progress to: anticipate possible opportunities to accelerate the program through a different path or approach, or possible issues that can be proactively addressed before they have negative impact on the program/s.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and Premier.
- Knowledgeable and hands-on webpage design in Microsoft SharePoint software;
- Working ability to use Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.;
Design & Marketing Communication:
- Create & edit images / pictures
- Design graphical elements such as icons / pages / flow charts / diagrams / etc
- Build animations for MS Power Point / Adobe After Effects / Video & Web
- Design banners for Events / Email / In-House communications
- Create posters for print and internet banners / ePosters
- News Letter Layout (InDesign) and promotional brochures
- Design Lapel Pins, awards design, and t-shirt graphics
- Prepare design work for pre-production (Print Press readiness)
- Manage photo / video / image assets for GIS (collaborating withmarketing team, buying, searching, library, and sharing assets)
- Create marketing communications and build brand awareness by using different media (Print, Social, email, and otherinternal channels).
Audio / Video / Photo:
- Video & Audio Recording
- Video & Audio Editing
- Photograph trainings such as: IM Tech Talk Sessions, Business training, GIS events, people, and more
- Photo editing, photo pre-production for print press
- Ability to prioritize projects / tasks / etc.
- Coordinate multiple activities, organize personal and team?s tasks;
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team;
- Actively manage and communicate regular project status to the appropriate parties; proactively manage project issues, risk and opportunities to minimize impact on delivery of projects and budget.
- Synthesize complex and/or diverse information;
- Collect, research data and present in coherent way;
- Demonstrate ability to develop alternative solutions;
- Highly skilled in performing crises intervention activities and managing problems in a calm and tactful manner;
- Adept at interpreting complex regulations and translating them into ?doable? tasks
- Demonstrate ability to simplify complexity;
- Ability to think holistically;
A Bachelor?s Degree in Design, Marketing & Communications.
Minimum 1 to 3years of continuous experience in Design, Marketing and Communications, with demonstrated competency in the following:
1. Relationship management ? within an enterprise globally, among executives, customers and staff; as well as externally with vendors and business partners as required.
2. Superior communication skills both written and oral. Ability to motivate, influence, and drive to results in a highly-matrixed environment is essential. Display performance and establish credibility with key decision makers.
3. Hands-on skills in graphic design, writing marketing material, technical writing and marketing communications.
4. Significant experience in evaluating a broad range of internal and external factors when solving problems and making decisions; adjusts actions and decisions for focus on critical strategic issues (e.g., customers, quality, competition, etc.).
5. High performance and dedication, including attention to the details that matter, and willingness to work issues to successful closure.
6. Ability to conduct and interpret qualitative and quantitative analysis.
7. Show independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques.
8. Identify potential project risks, communicate to team members, and implement appropriate courses of action to mitigate future risk.
9. Understand project management methodology.
10. Demonstrate ability to build project plans and execute tasks without supervision.
11. High-level functional and technical understanding.
IV. MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
A. MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to function across global time zones based on operation needs with a high energy level for long periods.
- Implement own recommendations and see projects through to completion.
- Analyze current methods and procedures, recommend and implement improvements.
- Mathematical ability sufficient to add, subtract, multiple, divide, and figure averages.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and in group meetings and discussions. Ability to give and receive information accurately.
- Conduct meetings or presentations to explain, negotiate or persuade.
- Ability to conduct complex analysis of technical environment issues and matters relating to this area of responsibility.
B. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices alarms, bells and horns.
- Ability to distinguish color.
- Write using pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard for up to 30 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
- Ability to travel by air.
- Ability to work during various time zones globally as required
V. EQUIPMENT USED AND NECESSARY:
Personal computer or Provided by IM.
Photocopier / Printer (Provided only in Office Facilites)
May be required to work in an office environment, with or without air conditioning and fluorescent lighting. May also be required to spend time in a distribution center, without air conditioning. Some geographies may have remote office conditions of lower standards than the home country.
Education Details: Bachelor?s Degree in Design, Marketing & Communications/ Science /Engineering /Information Technology or related field.