ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Maintains and further develops current client base and pursues opportunities to expand client base
- Monitors daily assigned petroleum product inventories and pricing and implements pricing strategies
- Assists management with developing marketing, sales, and pricing strategies, daily pricing decisions, and negotiating sales contracts
- Researches market conditions and communicates to manager
- Assists with crisis management in response to supply interruptions which may include production, loading, rack, or transportation issues.
- Researches and resolves invoicing and loading issues relating to the sale of assigned petroleum product
- Evaluates assigned petroleum product (if necessary) and maintains compliance requirements
- Represents the company at industry functions and association meetings
May perform some or all of the following depending upon role:
- Contacts existing and prospective wholesale distributors, bulk buyers, and/or feedstock suppliers and builds business relationships
- Coordinate with Company wholesale or bulk buyers to achieve marketing goals and objectives for assigned petroleum product as well as day-to-day sales
- Coordinates with product development and refinery to produce specialized products for a client’s specific needs
- Develops new products and markets for specialized petroleum products
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of three years of experience specifically related to the job are required.
Experience in assigned petroleum product is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business related field, is required.
Self-starter with drive and ability to achieve planned objectives. Good creative, organizational, and analytical skills. Strong Crisis management skills: ability to handle situations involving conflicts arising out of products being off specification, short/long term refinery/logistical /human error problems causing product outages, customer complaints, etc. Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with others in writing or verbally, advanced ability to read and write, and an ability to perform intermediate level mathematical calculations. Ability to create mutual respect with peers and a positive work environment. Ability to perform a variety of assignments as they relate to assigned petroleum product marketing and effectively executing sales opportunities and multi-tasking. Working knowledge of Microsoft products. Depending upon assignment, the ability to understand the chemical/technical characteristics of specialized petroleum products.
An understanding of supply and distribution and refining procedures are preferred.