The Marketing and Proposal Manager works as part of Archer Western/Walsh’s California Water Group.
The preferred candidate will possess a broad understanding of the water market in California, as well the ability to drive client-focused pursuit/win strategies to develop winning proposals and interviews. Strong writing, editing, organizational, and time management skills are required. Must have experience managing multi-discipline proposal teams including senior and junior level technical and support personnel, clients, and subconsultants. Candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an eye for detail and quality.
The Marketing and Proposal Manager collaborates with the pursuit team on messaging, strategy, and teaming.
The position’s primary responsibility is to lead and produce marketing proposals for the California Water Group. This includes support for pre-positioning and go/no-go decision making, as well as presentations and printed qualification materials in response to formal and informal client solicitations.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Interact with all levels of technical and support staff.
- Collaborate with marketing peers – proposal director, proposal managers, marketing coordinators, and graphic designers – to produce winning proposals.
- Responsible for tracking progress of assigned opportunities in corporate CRM
- Participate in the maintenance of marketing information such as project sheets, resumes and credentials, and CRM/database proposal and project data
- Undertakes special projects, such as award submittals, trade show coordination, brochures, and other collateral as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of AEC experience, preferably in the water/wastewater sector
- Experience in developing, producing, and leading proposals, statements of qualifications, and other client-facing documents
- Ability to develop proposal outlines, schedules, and task assignments for compliance with RFQ/RFP requirements
- Experience and skill at reviewing, organizing, translating, and editing written documentation to improve clarity
- Ability to conduct final QA/QC check, including proofreading for grammar and RFP compliance and checking for conformance to established strategies and plans
- Ability to operate autonomously and within a team setting
- Effective and personable verbal and written communication skills
- Good time-management skills, attention to detail, extremely organized
- Works well under pressure without a loss in quality
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to work extended hours as necessary to meet client-driven deadlines
- Ability to take initiative in anticipating tasks and to look for ways to add value to marketing and proposal processes/procedures
- Eye for page layout and graphic presentation of documents to amplify and simplify the communication of themes and technical details. This is not a graphic design position, but graphic design skills are preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly InDesign and Acrobat
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint