This role reports to the Marketing Manager Global Construction Products. The Project Manager will have overall accountability for the successful delivery of key commercialization initiatives for the Construction Products business. The project manager will collaborate and coordinate with all functions including Sales, Technical, R&D, Supply Chain, Marketing and others to define scope, manage expectations, create timelines and achieve deliverables.
- Leading teams to achieve deliverables of Stage Gate process, and ensuring team preparedness for product Stage Gate reviews.
- Promoting collaborative and engaging teams that accomplish business objectives.
- Creating and executing project plans, including tracking, reporting and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifying resources needed for teams and assigning individual responsibilities establishing clear project goals, roles and responsibilities.
- Regular communication to team members, key stakeholders and management on progress, project risks, potential solutions and expected outcomes.
- Development of contingency plans.
- Minimizing obsolescence costs.
- Facilitation of effective team meetings.
- Resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely fashion. Facilitation of problem solving sessions for teams as necessary.
- Communicating effectively with project teams to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions to issues.
- Reviewing the project schedule with all staff that will be affected by the project activities; revising the schedule as required.
- Document project activities and ensure they are properly maintained and accessible to project teams, stakeholders and management.
- Establishing a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience with project management, including expertise executing multiple projects simultaneously
- 3 + years of experience with project management methodologies (developing project charters, defining and managing scope, building timelines, communicating plans, and managing cost and risks)
- 5 + years of experience with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills (MS Project also recommended)
- PMP certified.
- Preferred- Construction Products or Building Materials industry experience.