This position reports to the VP, Sales and Marketing Operations, and is responsible for leading and executing on lead generation programs, product launch and promotion, marketing communications programs, growth enablement programs, brand promotion, etc., across multiple target markets. This includes managing programs from campaign ideation, to implementation, and final campaign analysis. Specific activities include establishing program goals/objectives, identifying priorities, organizing work to strict deadlines, effective project management, and measuring campaign performance. This role is responsible for collaborating with the larger marketing and sales team to assess needs and present campaign ideas. In this role, you must be able to work closely with creative services, sales and product teams to create compelling product messaging and agent engagement.
- Develop marketing programs that include multiple touchpoints for our agents, NMO's, bank distribution partners, etc. Lead strategy/ideation discussions in partnership with the broader sales and marketing teams.
- Execute on the integrated marketing plan for communications and campaigns to support new product launches, sustained lead generation and agent database growth.
- Develop and present marketing strategy briefs to support the overall marketing strategy, including copy ideas; involve the stakeholders and resources needed; incorporate competitive product content and market/business intelligence. Develop clear documentation, project timelines and execute programs on time and on budget.
- Leverage internal data, consumer insights, market insights and the competitive landscape to develop marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with all the departments across the organization (sales, IT, client and agent services, creative services, actuary, legal, etc.) in program implementation. Ensure timelines are met across the business departments and marketing team.
- Develop a sound understanding of our different target audiences, critical agent journeys, digital marketing best practices. Collaborate directly with sales and marketing resources on product or campaign value proposition and content recommendations based on program goals.
- Utilize Marketing Cloud to automate select marketing programs and continue to identify programs designed to enhance our multiple audience journeys.
- Establish performance and sales KPI's for all campaigns. Work with data analytics and e-business teams to report campaign-specific ROI/performance results to leadership.
- Development and ongoing management of communications to agents.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP, Sales and Marketing Operations.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of financial services industry, products, the economy required. Life insurance and annuity products/markets knowledge preferred.
- Broad understanding of email marketing principles, including unsubscribe standard methodologies.
- Hands –on experience supporting demand generation plans, building a marketing funnel plan and leading campaign strategy and execution is required. Proven track record in creative message development.
- In-depth experience in program and project management, detail orientated, able to deliver quickly on commitments.
- Strong initiative, high energy level, positive attitude and ability to think like an entrepreneur.
- Ability to work cohesively in a team or as an individual contributor.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Confident communicator able to develop and present the results of activities and programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively, and be an adept problem-solver.
- Experience with CRM software. Marketing Cloud and Salesforce experience is preferred
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change.
- Ability to recognize critical problems and opportunities.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred.
- 8+ years practice with an established insurance company in a marketing and program management role
- Insurance company experience from an issuer company is highly preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often within tight deadlines.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The physical demands described here are representative of their job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
POSITION-: Marketing Program Manager
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
National Western Life provides high quality insurance products on a global basis to meet the financial security needs of well-defined market segments. We provide professional and friendly service to our policyholders and agents and are responsive to the needs of our employees, shareholders and the community.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.