At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, and Stakeholder Relations.
Wells Fargo’s In-House Agency (IHA) is looking for a Senior Art Director to join a newly forming three-person Digital Transformation Team (that also includes a Copywriter and a Senior Account Executive).
More specifically, we’re looking for a digitally centric senior art director who’s known for coming up with amazing ideas – someone who can consistently wow us and our clients with creativity in concept, presentation and execution. It’s not the usual agency grind. But it is a good challenge, an opportunity to be a true difference maker and build your own career adventure.
If you think you’re up for it, read on.
This new digitally focused team will lead the development of campaign-level work across various Wells Fargo Lines of Business while also helping to raise the digital game for the entire 60-plus creative group of the In-House Agency. As the senior senator of art direction for this digital SWAT team, you must be a powerhouse thinker and designer/artist, an inspirational leader, and a joy to work with as we build a truly world-class in-house agency together.
Our digital dream team will sit in San Francisco, joining a vibrant in-house agency that has gone through a transformation in the last 24 months. We’ve aligned teams to every line of business, tightened process to focus on clear and actionable assignments from internal clients and built a culture of inclusiveness and camaraderie.
Now we’re looking to dial up our digital chops in a big way. The opportunity is to help lead us to the digital high ground. Our agency has a singular focus on helping Wells Fargo customers succeed in life financially. We’re all in on delivering great work that works – for our customers, for our brand, for our business.
Our agency culture is fun and supportive. We value fire in the belly, a sense of humor and an open, curious mind. We embrace new ways of thinking and working. We aspire to greatness. And we believe strongly in work-life balance.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Shaping customer experiences across all digital touchpoints – from websites and landing pages to online advertising and distributed branded content, including animated and live-action video.
- Thinking conceptually, in partnership with Senior Copywriter, during brainstorming and idea generation.
- Working with internal teams and clients in development and approval of strategic, digitally minded creative briefs.
- Collaborating closely with a Senior Copywriting partner throughout concept development, presentation, and execution.
- Working closely with other art directors to shape the visual vocabulary for communicating in channels across various lines of business.
- Representing the IHA team in both internal and client presentations, effectively communicating both strategic quality and creative rationale.
- Maintaining a thorough and current awareness of the competitive landscape as it pertains to communications in digital customer touchpoints.
Portfolios will be requested from selected candidates
- 6+ years of marketing experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Digital marketing campaign experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years of digital marketing/advertising experience
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Art Director
- 2+ years of leading others directly or cross-functionally
- A killer book showcasing digital-marketing creative excellence across a broad spectrum of media touchpoints
- Deep understanding of brand and the customer, and the ability to convey that understanding
through impactful, engagement-driving digital experiences (financial services experience is a
- Well versed in creating for social media platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Vine, Spotify, Pandora, etc.
- Demonstrating expertise in the craft of copywriting that connects emotionally and rationally through digital touchpoints.
- Expertise in digital marketing creative best practices for delivering customer-focused
- communications that grab/earn the customer’s attention
- Mastery in creating digital marketing (paid/owned/earned) from insights to implementation and developing integrated marketing campaigns that encompass the entire spectrum of digital experiences.
- Understanding of best-in-class execution of digital marketing with operational compliance
- A diplomatic approach to providing feedback and critiques
- Core skills in relevant art and design software platforms
- A willingness to look beyond the day-to-day work stream and seek out opportunities
- A commitment to ongoing, productive collaboration and teamwork with agency teams as well as with client partners
- Expertise in holistic digital engagement across all channels, platforms and devices
- Marketing agency experience and/or a combination of in-house/client-side experience